Chapter 54

Everyone has been running around the castle like mad preparing for the battle ahead. The professors put a protective barrier spell around the castle as Ginny, Seamus and Neville prepped one of the brides to blow. Ron and Hermione left to go to the chamber of secrets to get the Basilisk fang since they lost the sword of Gryffindor to a Goblin at Gringotts. And Harry is trying to find Ravenclaw's Diadem. The first and second years were sent somewhere hidden as to not be involved.

I went with Fred and George to help Kingsley and Remus defend one side of the castle. The three of us are currently standing on part of the roof watching the barrier get attacked by Death Eaters on the nearby cliff.

"You guys okay, Freddie, Georgie?" I asked the two as they stood on either side of me.

"Yeah." Fred said not all that confidently.

"Me too." George said elbowing my side lightly.

"What about you?" Fred asked, finally turning to look at George and I.

"I'll be okay." I sighed. "Just as long as you two don't do anything stupid."

"Don't worry Hales." Georges wrapped an arm around me.

"We'll all meet back together in the end." Fred also wrapped an arm around me making me feel protected with the two.

"Promise?" I looked up at them both, not able to hide how terrified I am to them.

"Promise." They said in unison.

We looked back to watch the barrier start to deteriorate.

"Haley." I turned to see Tonks and Remus coming up to us.

"You should probably go help Harry." Remus explained while eyeing the barrier.

"I can help you guys out here." I argued with him.

"Haley." Tonks placed her hand on my shoulder. "Go be with your brother. You'll need each other the most right now."

"Okay." I sighed then turned to the twins. "I'm holding you two to your promise."

They bother chuckled before nodding their heads. With that I ran through the castle as the Death Eaters broke through the barrier and started to fight everyone they saw. Except they left me alone recognizing me as one of them.

I ran down the stairs to see Harry, Ginny and Neville talking as I ran up to them.

"I'm mad for her! Think it's about time I told her, seeing as there's a pretty good chance we'll both be dead by dawn." Neville told the two before frantically running the other way.

"Luna?" I asked the two once they noticed me.

Ginny nodded her head yes before turning to Harry. They gave each other a look before Ginny also took off.

"Did you find the diadem?" I asked Harry as we both started going up the stairs.

"It should be in the room of requirement." He explained. "I'll need help finding it. Ron, and Hermione will find us soon with the Marauder's map."

I nodded my head as we quickly went through the corridors making our way over broken pieces of the castle.

It didn't take us long to get to the room of requirement but for the last few minutes it felt like we're being watched. We made it into the room and saw it changed back to having miscellaneous items piled high.

"You look over there." Harry pointed to one side of the room. "I'll look over here. Let me know if you find it."

"Okay." I said going to where he pointed and started looking at all the piles trying to find anything that could be the diadem.