Chapter 24

"You two are not to speak or move until the Dark Lord calls upon you. Got it?" Severus said as we were about to walk into the dining room in Malfoy Manor.

Draco and I both nodded our heads in understanding. We then followed Severus into the room. Severus motioned for us to stand in one of the corners and wait.

"Ah Severus, this must be your daughter." Bellatrix came up beside Severus.

I looked at her and was honestly angry. She killed Sirius. Draco grabbed my hand to try and calm me down. Bellatrix must have seen this gesture though.

"I didn't realize her and my nephew were a thing." Bellatrix gave me a wicked smile. "We'll have to have a talk first of course and make sure you're right for my dear Draco before you can be accepted into the family." She stepped closer to me making me uncomfortable.

"Don't be ridiculous Bella. They're just friends." Severus stated making Bellatrix step away from me.

"What? My nephew not good enough for your daughter?" She sneered at him.

"Enough you two. The Dark Lord should be here any second." A random Death eater said.

With that Draco and I stepped into the corner as all of the Death Eaters took their seats at the long dining table.

All of a sudden Voldemort apparated at the head of the table. Everyone stood up in acknowledgment. I stared at him frozen in place with my heart beating in my ears. If it wasn't for Draco still holding my hand keeping me grounded, I properly would have collapsed in fear.

The meeting started but I didn't really pay attention, still scared shitless. Every once and awhile I would notice Severus glance over at me which him and Draco are the only things making me feel safe at the moment.

"Severus." Voldemort said which made me start paying attention. "Are the children ready?"

"Yes my lord." Severus said and looked towards Draco and I.

Voldemort turned to us and smiled, in his own way of smiling. "Come children." He said motioning for us to come forward.

We slowly walk towards him both unsure of what is going to happen.

"It's good to finally meet you Haley." He said once we made it in front of him. "Severus had hidden you for so long." He eyed Severus for a second before turning back to us. "And Draco. Your father has been a great assist to me, it only makes sense that you follow in his footsteps."

"What are you implying, my lord?" Bellatrix asked from down the table.

"Meet our new two Death Eaters." He smiled at everyone and my eyes went wide in shock.

He wants to make us Death Eaters? What could he possibly want us to do? We're only sixteen. Well Draco is, I don't turn sixteen for a few more days.

"Everyone is free to go while I give the newest members their assignments." Voldemort said to the rest of the room.

Everyone stood up and either apparated out or left out the door. Severus looked at us one last time before shutting the doors of the dining room.

"Now. You two are very important to something I need done." He said as a snake slithered past us and onto the table which made me jump a little.

He held his hand out for one of us to give him our arm so we can receive our marks. Draco gave him his left arm first. Voldemort pointed his wand down at it. I heard Draco hiss in pain as the mark starts to form on his forearm.

Once the mark was embedded into his skin and Voldemort was done, Draco pulled his arm away holding it to himself. I could see the skin around it was really red. He must have noticed me looking because he pulled the sleeve of his jacket down and gave me a nod to let me know that he's okay.

Voldemort then held his hand out for me to give him my arm now. I pushed up the sleeve of my left arm and placed it in his hand. His hand was very cold and it sent shivers down my spine. He looked down at the bracelet I still wore on my wrist. The charm with the engraving facing up. He looked up at me then glanced over to Draco.

He looked back down and brought his wand down to my forearm. The mark started to form as I felt an intense burning sensation. I hissed in pain as tears prickled my eyes. The pain felt like it lasted forever but it finally started to fade as he moved his wand away. My arm still stung a bit as I pulled it away from him. The mark was prominent against my fair skin. My arm red around it just like Draco's was. I pulled my sleeve down to cover it up but my sleeve felt uncomfortable against it though.

"Now." Voldemort said bringing our attention back to him. "You both have a task to do together. You need to find a way to get Death Eaters into Hogwarts. Might I recommend the vanishing cabinet in Borgin and Burkes. It's sister is somewhere in the castle but it will need to be mended."

Draco and I both nodded our heads in understanding.

"Haley. I need you to find Harry Potter's twin sister. It is believed that she is attending Hogwarts but it is unknown whether she knows who she is or not." He explained to me. "Figure out who she could be though. She might be important to get Harry later on."

"Yes my lord." I said feeling relieved that all I have to do is find myself. I'll just make sure to come up with a lie when the time comes.

"Draco, I need you to kill Albus Dumbledore." He told Draco which surprised me that he was giving Draco a much harder task. "If you fail then you both will not live to see what happens. You have until the end of the school year."

"I will not fail you my lord." Draco smirked.

"Good to hear that. You are not to tell anyone about what you've been assigned. Only a select few will know, such as your parents and your aunt Draco." He explained.

We nodded our heads in understanding.

"You are both dismissed. I'll see you again at the end of the school year." He said then disapparated.

As soon as he disappeared Draco pulled me into a hug just as scared as me. I hugged him back as tight as I could.

"He wants you to fail so he can kill you." I said into his chest.

"He threatened your life too. Don't worry love, I won't let that happen, I won't fail." He said into my hair.

He pulled away from the hug and grabbed my left arm pushing up the sleeve. He looked at the redden skin of my arm with the now black mark that will be on my skin forever. He then unclasped the bracelet that was on my wrist.

I looked up at him confused. "Draco, what are you doing?" I asked as he took the bracelet and let go of my arm.

He then grabbed my right hand and clasped the bracelet around my wrist.

"I don't like it being on the same arm that has brought us pain. And this way it can also help cover your scar." He said.

"I like that too." I said.

He then grabbed my hand and we walked out of the dining room. We walked into the living room to see Narcissa and Severus waiting for us. They both turned when they heard us come in. Narcissa had tears welled up in her eyes as she ran over and pulled Draco to her.

I walked over to Severus as he looked at me concerned. "Are you okay?"

I nodded my head yes not able to form any words.