Chapter 55

Draco and I sat in the potions classroom for what felt like forever but was probably just a few hours. We both took a little nap having been exhausted.

"Your robe got burned from the explosion." Draco pointed out lifting part of it.

"Well good thing I'll never need to wear it again." I said taking it off.

I went to grab my wand from the pocket when I felt another with it having forgotten about Draco's wand.

"Oh, I forgot, this is yours." I hand him his wand. "Harry had given it to me."

"Then what wand was he using?" He looked at his wand confused.

"I think your aunts." I giggled.

"You have fought valiantly... but in vain." Voldemort's voice suddenly rang through our heads. "I do not wish this. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a terrible waste. I therefore command my forces to retreat. In their absence, dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured."

Draco and I both looked at each other, understanding that it's be safe for us to leave the classroom for a bit.

"Harry Potter, I speak now directly to you. On this night you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. There is no greater dishonor." Voldemort continued. "Join me in the Forbidden Forest and confront your fate. Should you do so I give my word that no other life will be lost on this night. You have one hour. If, at the end of that time, you have not given yourself up, then I shall punish every last man, woman and child who tries to conceal you from me. Starting with your twin sister."

This caused me to sigh. "I'm gonna have to help figure everything out you know."

"I figured." Draco stood up before grabbing both of my hands pulling me up with him. "Let's go to the great hall. I'm sure that's where everyone would gather."

We left the classroom walking through the corridors hand in hand. It took us about ten minutes to get to the great hall due to all the ruble we had to climb over to get there

We walked in to see a lot of the injured getting treated and everyone else placing the dead all together. A lot of people glared at us as we walked through.

"Haley." A voice called me, making me turn to see George running up to me.

"Georgie." I let go of Draco's hand going to him, noticing that he's crying when he hugged me.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He muttered into my hair, still crying, not letting go of me anytime soon.

"George, what's wrong?" I managed to pull away a little to look at his tear stained cheeks. "And where's Freddie?"

I looked around us a little looking for the other tall red head but couldn't find him. I just saw Draco giving me a look of pity which confused me.

I looked back at George to see him crying even harder than before giving me a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"George, where's Fred?" I asked again, not liking that he isn't answering. "Where is he, George?"

He looked down before moving out of the way to show me what was directly behind him. There, was one of my worst nightmares.

"NOOOO." I screamed out covering my mouth with my hands.

There laying limply was Fred's lifeless body with some of his family gathered around him.

"Fred." I cried out not being able to hold back my tears as I kneeled down to him. "You promised me Fred. You promised, you have to be okay."

I leaned my head down on his unmoving chest and cried my heart out. I felt two arms wrap around me recognising them as George's as he helped me stand up letting me cry into his chest now.