Chapter 38

Five days. It's been five days since Harry almost killed Draco. Draco still hasn't woken up and it really worries me. Severus keeps telling me that he'll be fine but I'll only believe it when he finally wakes up.

I've only left the hospital wing twice to clean up and grab my guitar. Otherwise I've always been at Draco's side. Severus excused me from classes but he keeps telling me that I'll need to go sooner or later. He also brings me food during every meal but I barely eat it not feeling hungry. I also have barely slept, only a few hours each night.

Blaise comes and visits at least once a day to keep me company and hoping to get news on Draco. Pansy's tried to come visit too but she leaves when she sees me still there.

Harry came to try and apologize but I ignored him the whole time pretending he wasn't there. Ginny had come and talked to me for a little bit one day. Told me that the spell Harry had used was from the textbook he was obsessed with. She made him let her hide it in the room of requirement though so he'll never see it again. She also told me that they kissed while there which made me happy for them. When I asked to give me all of the details she explained everything that happened. Which she told me that they found a bird in a covered cabinet which made me realize that the cabinet now works. All that's left is for Draco to wake up for us to get the Death Eaters here.

I'm currently sitting in the chair next to Draco's bed strumming on my guitar. I had been writing a song the last few days and I had finally finished. I started playing the chords and humming to finally sing it all the way through for the first time.

(Hit play to listen to the song)

"Hair white as ice, yeah, it's mesmerizing

Dressed to blend in with the night

Eyes grey as stone, so damn patronizing

No secret he's bad to the bone

But beneath the cloak of armor, he's a product of his father

A broken man with broken memories

Yeah, he'll question your intentions, and object to your affection

He's someone who only wants to be seen

He's the chosen one for me.

Forest green emblem of Slytherin, he's born into impending doom

Feverish nights, wake up quivering

When he learns what he's destined to do

But beneath the cloak of armor, he's a product of his father

A broken man with broken memories

Yeah, he'll question your intentions, and object to your affection

He's someone who only wants to be seen

He's the chosen one for me"

"You really love him don't you?"

I turned to see Severus standing there. He grabs an extra chair bringing it over next to mine.

"As much as you loved my mother." I told him, putting my guitar down next to the bedside table.

"How do you know about that?" He looked at me really surprised, causing me to chuckle a little.

"You left me alone in our house for so many years. I eventually went snooping and found your journals from your childhood." I explained to him.