Chapter 43

"Haley." I started to stir awake to my name being frantically called.

I groaned, cuddling deeper into my pillow not wanting to wake up just yet.

"Haley, no." The voice yelled, scaring me awake.

I quickly sat up letting my eyes adjust to the dark room trying to figure out who was yelling out my name.

Something thrashing next to me caught my attention along with another call of my name.

I quickly turned to the nightstand flicking the lights on. I then looked at the bed next to me to see Draco thrashing. His eyes are still closed asleep but he's obviously having a nightmare.

"Draco." I said placing a hand on his arm hoping to wake him up from his terror.

But he started to thrash around more violently.

"Haley, please. I can't lose you." He cried out.

I quickly got on top of him straddling his waist grabbing onto his upper arms to get him to stop thrashing around.

"Draco." I called him. "Draco, wake up. Everything's okay."

He finally opened his eyes, still breathing hard.

"Haley." He breathed out grabbing onto the back of my bare thighs.

"Hey, it's okay." I cooed brushing his hair from his forehead. "It was just a nightmare."

He sat up pulling me to his chest hiding his face in my hair.

"You were gone." He mumbled. "You were gone and I couldn't do anything." He squeezed me tight as if something would happen if he let me go.

"I'm okay Draco. Nothing has happened to me."

"But you're not okay." He said pulling me even closer to him if that was even possible. "I worry every day that I'm going to lose you. Now more than ever."

I never really thought about what I'm putting myself through could be affecting Draco too.

I pushed out of his embrace to sit up on his lap to look at him properly.

"I'm so sorry Draco." I place my hands on his chest as he grabs the back of my thighs again. "I don't mean to worry you, I'll get better, I promise."

"I love you Haley." He smiled up at me. "Please never forget that."

"I won't Draco." I leaned down, giving him a quick kiss. "I love you too."

He pulled me back to his chest laying us back down so we could go back to sleep.

~~~

The Saturday that Harry's being moved to a safe house came faster than expected. Malfoy Manor being eerily quiet due to all the Death Eaters having left over an hour ago. This leaves Narcissa, Draco and I alone together eating dinner.

None of us having said anything, just sitting in silence as we ate. Draco will glance my way every once and a while to make sure I'm eating since he's been working on me eating a little more each day.

Usually I wouldn't mind talking with Narcissa but with everything going on today, my mind was too busy thinking about Harry to say anything.

"Are you guys looking forward to the possibility of getting to return to Hogwarts for your final year?" Narcissa finally asked, probably not able to take the silence anymore.

Draco scoffed at her question. "Yes, cause it's a great thing to finish school with a war starting."

Before anyone could say anything else I started to get a really bad headache causing me to close my eyes and put my head in my hands.

"Haley? Are you all right?" Draco asked, concerned, having noticed my actions. This caused Narcissa to notice as well.

"Yeah, I just have a headache. I think I'm going to go lay down."

I stood up from the table making my way to leave the dining nook in the kitchen.

"I'll come with you." Draco stood up as well.

"No, it's fine. You just stay here." I told him.

"You know I can't let you go off alone." He walked over to me.

"Draco, I'm just going to go lay down. Stay here and finish dinner with your mum." I tried to convince him.

"Haley, you can't..."

"Oh Draco, just let the poor dear go lay down." Narcissa interrupted him.

As he started to argue back, ringing started in my ears as I was unable to hear what he was saying and started to feel dizzy.

Then I saw Voldemort's face in black smoke flying through the air next to me. He pointed his wand towards me just as my arm did the same without my control. A green ray of light shot from Voldemort's wand as red light shot from mine. They fought for dominance for a few seconds before the red took over the green back firing at Voldemort. He stopped where he was in the air.

"Haley." Draco's muffled voice started to bring me back to reality.

I opened my eyes to see Draco hovering over me as I lay on the kitchen floor.

"It happened again didn't it?" He asked as he noticed I was conscious again.

I nodded my head slowly. "He got away though. He's still alive."

Draco sighed in relief as he helped me sit up.

"Are you talking about your brother?" Narcissa asked, standing just behind Draco having been concerned about me collapsing.

Draco and I looked at her shocked. "What?" I asked.

"Are you talking about your brother?" She asked again. "Did Harry get away?"

"You know?" Draco asked her while I was trying to process what was happening.

"Yes, I know that she's Harry's twin."

"How?" I quickly asked.

"I overheard you two talking in your room at the beginning of summer." She told us. "I was shocked and confused at first but then it all made sense. I finally knew why you looked so familiar having realized you were my cousin's Goddaughter. You also look a lot like your brother."

I nodded my head in understanding.

"So you've known all summer?" Draco asked, seeming like he doesn't know what to think about it all.

"Yes. And I've talked to Severus about it. Why he wanted you to stay here?" She explained further. "I would never tell anyone else, Haley."

I smiled at her. "Thank you."

"Draco, why don't you go get Haley some water." She told him moving closer to me as he got up to go into the kitchen.

"Can I ask why?" Narcissa looked at me confused. "Why would you keep it a secret? Why not tell your husband? I'm sure he would be delighted to give me to Voldemort."

"Because you make Draco happy and that's what I care about." She gave me a soft smile. "He clearly loves you and I would never do anything to break his heart or hurt either of you."

"Thank you, Narcissa."

"Of course dear. If you ever need anything you can always come talk to me." She told me.

I nodded my head in understanding, giving her a smile.

Draco came back with a glass of water handing it to me before looking at us both curiously.

"What are you two talking about?" He asked.

"Nothing." Narcissa and I said at the same time, making us laugh.