Chapter 10

Umbridge had made a decree that all students will be questioned. I'm currently standing in a line with a bunch of other students in the DADA classroom to be questioned.

"Haley Snape, you're next." Umbridge said from the doorway of her office. I walked up the stairs, nervous about it since she doesn't like me.

"Please have a seat." She said closing the door. "Would you like some tea?"

I sat down turning to her shaking my head. "No thank you."

She sighed kind of mad like before sitting across from me.

"I wanted to ask you some questions." She said with her fake annoying smile. "We have heard some rumors about there being an unauthorized organization going on . Have you heard anything about this?"

I stayed calm as I looked her in the eyes. "No, I have not heard anything."

"So I suppose that you aren't taking part in any either?" She asked trying to press on.

"No, I have not professor." I said still staying as calm as I can be. Her smile kind of faltered for a second. She then leaned closer to me.

"Ms. Snape, please know that if I find out that you are lying, then your punishment will be so much worse than anyone else's. But if you tell me now then you can leave without any punishments." She told me still trying to keep her fake smile. "So, I'll ask again. Do you know of or are taking part in any unauthorized organizations?"

"No professor. I do not know of and am not taking part in any organizations." I lied to her with a smile.

"Very well then. You may leave but do remember what I told you." Umbridge said standing up and started walking to the door as I followed suit.

I walked out of the classroom to find Draco leaning on one of the walls.

"Hey love. How did the questioning go?" He asked. Draco hadn't been questioned like most of the other Slytherins so he doesn't know what it's about.

"Fine. She suspects there's a secret organization going on and she asked if I knew anything." I explained as we walked away.

"Well that explains why she's forming an inquisitorial squad." He said causing me to look at him surprised.

"She's forming a squad? Since when?"

"Filch put up the new decree while you were waiting to be questioned. I was thinking that we should join." He explained.

"You go right ahead Draco but I don't think it would be a good idea for me to do so." I told him. "She doesn't like me and I'm already pretty busy most nights trying to study for OWLs."

"I understand. I wish we would be able to hang out with each other a lot more though. I thought maybe that could happen being in the squad together." He put an arm around my shoulders as we walked into the great hall together for dinner.

"What do you mean hang out with each other more?" I asked as we sat at the Slytherin table together. "We already spend almost all day, every day together."

"Yeah, but that's only because we have all of our classes together. Other than that we usually have Crabbe, Goyle, Parkinson and Zabini tagging along." He explained just as the four of them walked into the great hall making their way over to us.

"Well speak of the devils." I said laughing a little.

"What's going on love birds?" Blaise asked sitting down across from us. This caused Pansy to glare at him.

"We're not dating Zabini, so stop saying that." Draco also glared at Blaise.

"Whatever you guys say." He smirks knowing he got on our nerves. "So are we going to be going to Umbridge's office later to join her inquisitorial squad?"