Chapter 17

I got to the very top and ran to the railing Draco and I usually lean against, looking out at the view. But this time I'm not just going to look at the view.

I climbed over the railing, not letting go until I had a firm footing on the other side.

I stood there looking out at the beautiful view one last time before letting go of the railing.

I had expected to feel the wind rush past me as I fell to the ground below but I didn't.

Instead I felt two arms grab around my waist pulling me back over the railing and into their chest. They then fell to the ground with me still against them as I felt a few tears fall onto my head.

"I've got you." I heard Draco's whisper cry as he pulled me tighter to him.

I still hadn't quite processed what happened just now until I saw Severus a few feet away from us clutching his chest breathing hard with a few tears streaming down his cheeks. I've never seen him cry before and I realize now what I had almost done.

I turn my head to press into Draco's chest as I hug him back. I start to silently cry into his shirt.

"Don't worry. I've got you love. I'll always be here to get you when you need it." Draco said into my hair before kissing the top of my head.

He rested his chin on the top of my head as I still cried into him. I then heard footsteps walk to the right side of us.

"Haley, I'm so sorry for what I said." Severus apologized. I turned to look at him while resting the side of my head on Draco's shoulder. "Please come talk to me in the morning." He begged still looking sad and shaken up.

I nodded my head before closing my eyes and holding onto Draco, afraid to ever let go of him. He understood this and rubbed circles on my back.

"Mr. Malfoy, I trust you will take care of my daughter tonight. Please keep her safe." Severus said now talking to Draco.

"Of course professor. Anything for her." Draco answered hugging me tighter, if that was even possible.

I then heard Severus' footsteps walk away from us going down the stairs.

Draco and I sat there with me in his lap, hugging each other like our lives depended on it.

"You scared me princess." He said resting his cheek on my head.

"Princess?" I asked now that I've calmed down.

"I'm starting to give into what Zabini has been saying." He explains. "Plus I think it really suits you."

"I like it." I smiled.

We sat like that for a few more minutes in silence.

"Draco."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you." I said. "For saving me."

"Anytime. I told you I would always protect you." He said. "Now come on, let's get you to your dorm. You've had a really long day."

We got up from the ground and we walked down the astronomy tower and to the common room. Draco had me wait at the bottom of the boys dormitory stairs while he changed into some sweatpants and a jumper. We then went to my dorm. He sat on my queen size bed and looked the other way as I grabbed a pair of leggings and a T-shirt from my trunk to change into.

"I'm really sorry Haley." Draco said once I was done changing but he was still facing the other way.

I walked over to him and stood in front of him grabbing his hands. He then looked up at me.