Chapter 41

A/N From here until about Chapter 52/53 there will be a lot of time skips between most chapters just until it gets to the Battle of Hogwarts

~~~

It's been weeks since Severus had left for his mission. I've heard from him a few times but it was just to let me know that he's alive and okay.

The Dark Lord and many Death Eaters have been coming and going from the manor as they please during this time. Draco and I have been hiding in his room since we haven't been called upon. I try to avoid leaving even when it's just Draco's family that's here. It's hard to control myself around Bellatrix since every time I see her I just think about how she killed Sirius.

Lucius is also out of Azkaban now and having him at the manor hasn't been all that great. He had gotten mad when he found out that Draco didn't kill Dumbledore in the end. When Draco had come back to his room that night his cheek was bruised which concerned me as to what Lucius had done to him in the past. He had refused to tell me though.

And then the worst thing of all, Harry. I have no information on him right now and it worries me. I know that he probably hates me right now and isn't even thinking about me but that isn't going to stop me from worrying about him. I just hope I'll be able to see him soon and explain everything. That is if he even listens to me or even believes me.

If it wasn't for the stupid dark mark I wouldn't have to be dealing with any of this.

"It's all your fault." I cried looking at the mark on my forearm.

I never really thought about the mark before now. Well before now I was busy doing other stuff to even think about it. Where now all I ever do is sit alone all day with my thoughts.

I stood up from Draco's desk and made my way to his bathroom knowing he won't be back up anytime soon since he needed to talk to Narcissa.

I looked at myself in the mirror as the tears streamed down my cheeks. I couldn't help but look at the mark again thinking of where I could be right now if I didn't have it.

"I could be with Harry right now helping him in any way I could." I whispered, turning the water in the sink on.

I splashed some water in my face to help hide the fact that I've been crying but it doesn't do anything as I continue to cry.

"If I could ask for anything it would be to get rid of the mark."

I grabbed a washcloth, getting it wet then bringing it to my left arm to rub the mark away.

It obviously didn't work but I was still going to try nonetheless as I continued scrubbing my arm ignoring how raw it was becoming only caring about trying to get it off.

"Why won't you fucking come off?" I cried out scrubbing my arm harder. "Things would be so much better without you."

"Darling? Are you okay?" Draco asked from the other side of the door.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied trying to sound okay but continued my work.

"Okay, well I brought you lunch." He told me.

"Thanks, but I'm not hungry." I said as I noticed blood starting to form where I've rubbed raw. "Fuck." I whispered but continued.

"Haley, you need to eat. You've barely eaten." He sounded worried but I didn't stop.

"I'm fine Draco." I tried to convince him. "You can just go, I'll join you later."

"Haley, what's going on?" He asked, trying to open the door but it was locked. "Open the door. Please."

"I'm sorry Draco but I can't do that." I continued to cry now realizing just how bad my arm is bleeding from being rubbed raw.

"I don't care what you say Haley. I'm coming in." Draco said as he unlocked the door with magic.

"Draco don't." I yelled out but was too late as he rushed in, stopping in shock as he saw what I was doing.

"Haley." He gasped, quickly turning off the water and grabbing my arms to stop me. "Darling, why?"

"I want it gone, Draco." I cried fighting to get out of his grasp but he was too strong. "My life is fucked up because of this stupid mark."

"Haley." Draco yelled out trying to get me to stop fighting him. "Haley, calm down."

I didn't listen to him and continued fighting to get out of his grasp which worsened my left arm. It wasn't until he pushed me against the wall that I stopped in shock.

"Can you stop fighting me for a few minutes and calm down enough to tell me what this is about?" I nodded my head as he slightly let go of me but still somewhat had a hold of my arms just in case.

I took a deep breath and looked down at the floor.

"I can't help but think about what I would be doing if I didn't have this mark." I refused to look at him. "Harry and the others wouldn't hate me and I would be with them right now. I wouldn't be worried if they are in danger or worse."

"Haley." He sighed but I didn't let him say anything else.

"And I feel like I'm more likely to die being here than if I was with them. I mean if any of them find out who I really am I'll be dead in seconds."

"Don't think about that." He lifted my head to look at him. "I won't let anything happen to you."

"That's the only good part about this." I sighed. "I at least know that you and Severus are okay."

"Everything will be okay." He pulled me to him, wrapping his arms around me. "I guess I can't leave you alone anymore."

"I'll be fine Draco." I whispered into his chest.

"No." He pulled away to look at me. "Until Snape gets back you are going to stay by my side so that I know you're okay."

"Fine."

"Now let's get your arm wrapped up." He said picking me up and placing me on the counter.

He grabbed the first aid kit from under the sink and quickly got to work cleaning and wrapping my arm which caused me to hiss in pain.

"Sorry." He whispered as I watched him.

Once he was done he looked up at me confused.

"What?"

"Nothing." I told him. "I just love you."

"I love you too darling." He smiled, placing his hands on my thighs leaning in to kiss my lips. "Why don't we go eat some lunch."

"I'm still not hungry." I explained to him.

"Haley." He sighed. "You need to eat please."

I sighed and slid off the counter and he smiled, grabbing my hand pulling me out of his bathroom and back to his room.