Chapter 13

The rest of the Malfoy Christmas Ball had been uneventful. It's now a few weeks later. Students have come back to school a little bit ago and classes have started again.

Draco and I haven't talked about the almost kiss the night of Christmas. In fact we haven't really talked to each other outside of classes and meals. He's been busy with the inquisitorial squad and I've been sneaking off to DA meetings most nights.

We've all been working really hard with what Harry's teaching us. I've gotten closer with a few of the other members such as Neville Longbottom and Luna Lovegood. So I've been hanging out with some of them when we don't have meetings and Draco's on patrol.

Draco hasn't been very happy when he's found me hanging out with some of them but he hasn't exactly been around to do anything about it. Harry and I still aren't exactly best friends but we'll talk when we see each other. Ron on the other hand still just sees me as a Slytherin and refuses to talk to me which I'm okay with.

I'm currently sitting at the Gryffindor table in the great hall with the golden trio and Ginny and Neville, since I haven't seen Draco at all today. All of a sudden another Gryffindor that I don't recognize came over with the Daily Prophet placing it in front of us.

We all lean forward to read it and it says that there was a mass breakout from Azkaban. We all look up at each other in fear.

"What are we to do?" Ron asks no one in particular.

"We just have to make sure we're prepared." Harry says getting up.

"I look down at the Daily Prophet again to read the list of who escaped. They are all known Death Eaters. One of the names stood out to me though. Bellatrix Lestrange. I sat there trying to remember where I've heard or seen the name before. Then it hit me.

I quickly got up and went down to Severus' office. I walk in to see him going through some papers until he looked up at me. He saw I was frantic and immediately grew concerned.

"Haley, what's wrong?" He asks putting the papers down.

"I need to go see Sirius." I tell him going to the fireplace and grabbing the floo powder, but he grabs my hand before I could do anything.

"Now hold on a second." He says sternly. "You can't just leave whenever you feel like it. You have classes today."

"I don't care, I need to talk to Sirius." I said getting out of his grasp then threw down the floo powder saying clearly where I wanted to go.

Next thing I know I'm in the fireplace in the Black family's living room. Sirius is sitting in one of the chairs with the Daily Prophet in his hands when he looks at me.

"Haley? What are you doing here?" I don't answer him though and quickly walk past him into the hallway with the stairs.

I walk into the room I've been in once before that has names and faces all across the walls. I search the walls looking for one name in particular when Sirius storms in as well.

"Haley, is everything okay?" He asked clearly concerned but I still didn't answer him still searching the wall.

Then I finally spotted it. Bellatrix Black with a picture of the strange looking Bellatrix. Then I notice a name below hers, Draco's, coming off of Narcissa's and Lucius' names. I stood there in shock trying to process everything I was seeing.

Sirius grabs my shoulders and turns me around breaking me from my thoughts. He leans down to look at me.

"What's going on kiddo? Is everything okay?" He asked really concerned as to why I'm acting the way that I am.

I looked at the wall again paying close attention to the few names I was looking at before. Sirius looks at what I was too and sighed.

"You saw the article in the Daily Prophet didn't you?" He asked.

"Of course. It was the front page. Your cousin's a Death Eater?" I ask him.

"Yes, Bellatrix is a Death Eater." He said, I then looked at Narcissa's name.

"What about Narcissa?" I ask him which made him confused.

"No she's not." He said which made me sigh in relief. "She's just married to one."

"What?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Haley, what's going on?" Sirius asked but I wasn't paying attention.

I took a step back and mumbled "Lucius is a Death Eater?" As I plopped onto a chair in the room.

"Yes he is, but I don't understand why it..." He started to ask but then stopped. "Draco?"

I nodded my head slowly looking at him. He sighed then sat in a different chair in the room.

"Also, Severus took me to Malfoy Manor on Christmas." I said still in shock of what I had learned. Sirius was shocked by this.

"How come Lucius wasn't sent to Azkaban for being a Death Eater?"

"He convinced everyone that he was under the Imperius curse and that's the only reason he was one of You-Know-Who's followers." He explained. "So he was never convicted."

"Do you believe that?" I ask.

"No. I believe Lucius became one on his own. He just didn't want to be sent to Azkaban. So he lied."

I nodded my head.

"Hey, I know you're now worried about you being friends with Draco huh?" He asked. I started to mess with the bracelet on my wrist and nodded. "I don't think you will have anything to worry about. As long as he doesn't find out who you really are you'll be fine." He tried to reassure me.

"But he does know." I mumbled out.

"What?" Sirius asked unsure how to react.

"Draco, he knows about me." I say now really scared.

"How does he know, Haley?" He asked now concerned.

"He saw the scar on my wrist so I had to explain to him why I had it." I explained to him. "Please don't tell Severus about this. He will kill me if he knows that Draco knows, and he'll never let me go back to Hogwarts."

Sirius sighed and looked at me with softened eyes. "I won't tell Severus. But do you think that there is any chance that Draco told or would tell anyone else?"

"I don't think so. He seems like someone I can trust." I told him which makes him snicker.

"Your brother has told me otherwise." He said. "But Harry could be wrong since he admitted to me over Christmas about being wrong about you."

"He did?"

"Yeah, he used to describe you the same way he describes Draco so it wouldn't surprise me if he was wrong about Draco too." He said which made me laugh.

"Finally, I got you to laugh today." He smiled at me. "Now I'm going to tell you something that I also told Harry. I want you to remember this especially with this whole thing with Draco going on." He tells me.

I nod my head to let him know I will. He looked at me to make sure that I am truly listening.

"Remember that we've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." I smile at that.

"Thank you Sirius."

"Of course kiddo. You truly are your parents daughter." He smiles back. "I can see so much of both of them in you."

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah, really." He says then starts to laugh a little. "I also see some of Severus but I blame him for that and how he raised you."

I joined in laughing. 

This Life's Mine (Draco Malfoy X OC Love Story)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara