Chapter 39

"Darling, wake up." Draco whispered in my ear causing me to slightly open my eyes and groan. "Come on, you've got to eat."

I sighed, sitting up from where I was laying on Draco's chest. Severus is there with two plates of food for us. He gave them to us which we gladly took.

"Tonight's the night." Severus sat in the chair next to the bed as we ate.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I can feel it in the air. I'm sure everyone can." He explained then turned to talk to Draco specifically. "It has to be done tonight."

"The cabinets not even finished though." Draco said, making me remember what Ginny said.

"It is though." He looked at me surprised. "I tested it with another bird last week. It came back alive."

"You did it." He smiled at me.

"Good. Then it's happening tonight." Severus told us. "You'll be able to find Dumbledore in the astronomy tower tonight."

"How do you know?" I asked Severus.

"Because he's taking Harry with him right now somewhere and they should apparate back in the astronomy tower soon." He told us and we nodded our heads.

"I guess it's finally happening." Draco sighed looking at me.

I looked at him now feeling scared about everything.

"Be careful." Severus stood up placing his hand on my shoulder. "Don't do anything stupid."

"No promises." I tried to joke to lighten the mood but he just glared at me.

"I'm serious Haley." He scorned me.

"I know. I will." I told him.

"I'll see you both later." He said walking out leaving us alone.

"Are you ready for this?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

"No." He grabbed my hand sadly. "But it's not like we have any other choice. He'll kill us if we don't."

"We'll be fine Draco." I squeezed his hand.

"How can you be so sure?" He asked not looking at me.

"Because..." I started placing my other hand on his cheek. "I can't think about possibly losing you again. So I want to believe we'll be fine."

"I love you Haley." He finally looked at me.

"I love you too Draco." I smiled at him. "Now come on. I had gotten your suit for you."

Once we had finished eating Draco got dressed in his usual black suit and I helped him put the jacket on. Draco then grabbed my hand and led me out of the hospital wing.

We walked through the corridors and Severus was right. You could feel that something was happening. Nothing good either. I could hear McGonagall yelling in the distance for everyone to go back to their common rooms. We of course didn't listen as we made our way to the room of requirement.

"Stay here." Draco told me, stopping in front of the room.

"But Draco..."

"Please. I'll be back in a few minutes." He kissed my forehead. "Just stay out of sight."

With that he went into the room, leaving me alone in the corridor. It felt like I was waiting there forever but eventually Draco came back out quickly grabbing my hand taking me with him.

We walked in silence, neither of us bothering to talk fearing what is about to happen. I heard doors burst open from where we had just come from. I'm assuming it's the Death Eaters coming out of the room of requirement.