Chapter 20

"Haley." I heard Draco's voice as the ringing in my ears finally stopped. 

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times until my vision was no longer blurry. I saw Draco above me looking worried.

"Are you okay?" He asked helping me sit up. "What happened?"

"I don't know. I saw these flashes of images but I don't know what they mean." I explained really confused.

"What exactly did you see?"

I explained to him everything I saw. He seemed shocked and worried by everything I told him.

"Are you sure you saw You-Know-Who?" He asked.

"Positive. But what could this mean?" I asked him. "And why did I see everyone who had been caught earlier except for Harry? Where is he?"

"I don't know what this all means." He said concerned.

"I need to talk to Severus." I said trying to stand up but lost my balance and was caught by Draco before I could fall again.

"You need to lay down." Draco said helping me over to my bed. "And Snape said not to leave, that he will come to us when everything's done."

"Something's not right Draco. I need to talk to him now." I said trying to get up again but he pushed me back down to the bed.

"Haley, we were told to stay here. Please listen for once." He begged holding my shoulders to make sure I don't try getting up again.

I sighed in defeat. "Okay." I said looking up at him.

"Thank you." Draco also sighed. He then sat down next to me. "Come on love. Why don't you get some sleep. Snape will come get you when it's time for you to know what's going on."

I nodded my head as Draco pulled me back to lay down with him.

~~~

The door banging open woke both Draco and I up. A little bit of light streamed in through the now open door. Draco and I sat up in my bed to see Severus standing there.

"Mr. Malfoy, I had asked you to keep an eye on my daughter. That did not mean for you to sleep with her." Severus said.

If it weren't for how dark the room is I'm sure you could see how red our faces are from embarrassment.

"Haley, we need to talk. Mr. Malfoy, I would advise you to go back to your own dorm." At that, Draco got out of bed and quickly walked past Severus out the door.

Severus shut the door behind Draco and did a spell to bring light to the room.

"Severus, what's going on? What happened?" I asked as he sat at the edge of my bed. "I saw these images last night of different people. One of them being Voldemort. What does all of this mean?"

"Haley, there was an attack at the Ministry last night. Harry and his friends were attacked by Death Eaters." He explained as I looked at him in shock.

"Are they okay?"

"Yes, the Order was able to get there before anything bad could happen." I sighed in relief but based on the look on Severus' face, something bad did happen.

"What happened Severus? What aren't you telling me?" I asked scared.

"Your brother and friends are okay. But something happened when the Order got there." He started saying. "Bellatrix, she... She killed Sirius."

My whole world felt like it all came crashing down around me. Tears started streaming down my cheeks but I still couldn't believe what I was told.

"I'm so sorry Haley." Severus whispered as he pulled me into a hug letting me cry into his shoulder.

After crying for a few minutes I pulled away to look at my adopted father.

"So now what?" I sniffled, whipping away some of the tears.

"Dumbledore is back now that the ministry knows that Voldemort really is back." He started to explain. "He would like to talk to us about some things as soon as possible."

I nodded my head in understanding, standing up from the bed. He stood up too and led me out of the Slytherin Common room which is still empty from how early it is. We walked through the hall to Dumbledore's office in silence.

We went up the stairs hidden with the statue up to the office I know too well from years of meetings with him. Severus went up to the door knocking before opening it. We went through it as Dumbledore looked up at us giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Ah Haley, I am sorry for your loss." He said, I gave him a forced smile.

"What are we to do now?" I asked the room.

"Well Haley. Harry now knows that you are alive but he still doesn't know who you are. And we need to keep it that way as now is not the time for him to know." Dumbledore told me. "And Severus, it's time for the plan."

"Of course." Severus said.

"What plan?" I asked confused looking between the two men in the room.

"Haley, there is something we've kept secret from you." Severus started saying.

"Of course. More secrets." I sighed. "What is it now?"

"Harry is going to have to die in order to kill Voldemort." Severus told me.

"What?" I yelled. "I just lost my Godfather and now you're telling me that my brother is going to have to die too? Is there anything else that you guys have been keeping from me?"

Tears started to sting my eyes not sure if I can take much more right now. I saw Severus glance at Dumbledore.

"What else?" I asked in disbelief that there is more that's been hidden from me.

"She deserves to know Severus. It's been a big part of the plan." Dumbledore said.

Severus sighed loudly before looking at me. He then pulled up his left sleeve to reveal a tattoo. But not just any tattoo, but the Dark Mark.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." I said in shock.

"Language." Severus mumbled rolling his sleeve back down.

"NO! Fuck this. This last hour has been a shit show for me and I'm done with this right now." I yelled leaving the room.

I ran down the steps from the office and ran through the hallways. I noticed students have started filling them going  to breakfast but I'm not really hungry. I walked past everyone keeping my head down to avoid everyone.

"Haley." I heard Draco's voice but I kept walking just wanting to get back to the common room and maybe lay in my dorm for the rest of the year.

"Love." Draco said grabbing my arm to stop me. I looked up at him and he was surprised to see my tear stained cheeks and my eyes threatening to spill more. "What's wrong? What happened?"

I shook my head trying to walk away again but he didn't let me.

"Please." He begged.

"I'll tell you in the common room while everyone's at breakfast." I sighed.

He nodded his head and followed me to the common room where I told him everything I learned in the last hour.