Chapter 11

It's been a few weeks since the night Draco got mad at me for being with the twins. He's still been kind of weird but we've been slowly becoming okay again. The DA meetings have been great. We've all been learning a lot and Harry's been very proud. We've all been cautious as to not get caught by the inquisitorial squad. It's been kind of hard but we've managed so far.

Christmas break is starting in a few days and Severus and I will be staying at Hogwarts for it. He and I haven't talked much since we fought about him trying to control my life. And I'm sure Christmas isn't going to be fun. I've learned that I'm the only Slytherin staying.

"Do you really have to go home for the holidays?" I asked Draco as we sat in my room.

"Sadly yes. My parents want me to be there for the ball they are throwing on Christmas." He tells me. I sighed giving him a frown. "I bet you I will be just as bored as you will be here."

"I doubt that. I would love to go to a ball. I've never been to one." I tell him.

"I've always thought they were boring so you aren't missing much." He tells me. "I wish I could stay here with you though. Finally get some time to just us when we aren't hiding in your room."

I laughed at that. "Even then we have to be careful to make sure Severus doesn't find you in here or he'll kill you." I explain seeing him crack a smile.

"For someone who isn't actually your father, he sure acts like it."

"He still sees me as his since he raised me so of course he is going to act like a father." I tell him. "Besides, he doesn't know that you know the truth of who I am."

Draco was surprised by this. "He doesn't?"

"No, I didn't tell him that you saw my scar. He doesn't need to know about it. He'd be pretty mad if he did." I explained.

"That makes sense." He then looked at his watch and got up off my bed. "Well I've got to get going to the squad look out. Are you going to study?"

"Either that or play guitar. I haven't decided yet." I tell him. "I'll probably be in bed once you're done for the night though."

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning then before I get on the train to go home." He says.

"See you in the morning." I gave him a smile.

I played guitar for about twenty minutes before I got up to go to the last DA meeting before the break. I made my way through the halls careful not to get caught by any of the squad.

I'm one of the first few in the room of requirement with only the golden trio being there.

"Hey Haley, can I talk to you?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, what's up?"

He pulls me to the side of a mirror where we have several pictures hanging up.

"I wanted to apologize for the way I've treated you." He started off. "I've realized that you aren't what I thought you were just because you're friends with Malfoy. You've actually helped us out a lot with information and I can see now that you are perfect for the DA."

"Thanks Harry. I really appreciate it." I gave him a smile. I then looked at the pictures hanging up that I've never closely looked at before.

One picture in particular caught my eye. A group of people standing together and I could point out my parents and Sirius. Harry noticed me looking at the picture.

"That's one of the few pictures I have of my parents." Harry tells me making me sad. I don't actually have any.

"That's the old Order right?" I asked. He looked at me shocked.

"You know about the Order?" He asked.

"Well my father is a member." I tell him. "I've been to a few meetings myself actually."

"I forgot I heard Snape at one of the last meetings over the summer." He said. "I didn't think he would have told you, let alone take you to any of the meetings."

"There's a lot you still don't know about me Harry Potter." I gave him a smile before turning now that everyone is here for the meeting.

~~~

The next morning I waited for Draco to come out of the dormitories with everyone else to walk down to the train.

"What are you doing, Snape? Last I checked you're staying here for the holidays." Pansy said coming down from the girls dorms.

"It's none of your business Pug-Face but if you must know I plan to walk my best friend down to the train to say goodbye." I sneered at her.

"You listen here bitch." Pansy sneered getting closer to me. "Draco is mine and you need to start staying away from him."

"Stop telling lies Parkinson." Draco said scaring Pansy. "We are not and never were anything so leave Haley alone." Pansy groaned then stormed off with her trunk as I laughed.

"What is that all about?" I asked Draco as we started walking out of the common room.

"She's had a crush on me for like forever and ever since I took her to the Yule Ball last year she acts like we're dating." He explains to me.

"You took Pansy to the Yule Ball?" I asked in disbelief as we walked up the stairs from the dungeons.

"Yeah, worst decision I've ever made." He said chuckling.

"I bet. I can't figure out how you managed to stay with her for the whole dance."

"I don't know how I did either." He says as we are now walking out of the castle and down to the train.

"Now I understand why she's always glaring at me."

"She's just jealous. Don't worry about it." He says.

"Is she the only one who has a crush on you." I asked him.

"Probably not. I've heard that there's quite a few girls who had crushes on me." He explains. "Why do you ask?"

"It's just I've noticed a few girls in Slytherin glare at me a lot." I tell him.

"Well I can understand why." He says and I look at him confused which he laughs at. "Well for one, you're the only girl that I can actually tolerate. Plus you're really amazing so I can understand why they would all be jealous of you."

I started to blush at this as I looked away hoping he didn't notice but then I heard him laugh and he wrapped the arm that wasn't carrying his trunk around my shoulders.

"Is Haley Snape blushing?" He asked with a smirk.

"Shut up Draco." I say trying to push him away but he doesn't let me.

We made it down to the train with almost every student in Hogwarts that isn't staying for the break. Draco set his trunk down to be loaded into the train then turned to me.

"You going to miss me?" He asked giving a smirk.

"Well of course, it's going to be boring without you here." I tell him and he smiles even more. He pulls me into his chest to hug me. I sighed into him and hugged him back.

"Goodbye Haley. We'll see each other again before you know it. I promise." He says resting his chin on top of my head.

"Bye Draco." I say giving him one last squeeze before letting go.

He kissed my forehead then looked down at me. "I'll miss you love."

Draco then got on the train in the compartment with the goons and Blaise who were smirking at him. The train started to leave and Draco looked out the window at me one last time and waved bye as I waved back at him until we couldn't see each other anymore.