Chapter 15

Everything has been great at Hogwarts recently for me. I've managed to stay out of trouble with Umbridge. Which means my hand only has a faint scar now from the beginning of the year but it wasn't that noticeable unless you look closely at it.

The DA has been working really hard. We've all made some great progress and I can tell that Harry is really proud of us all. I've made some really great friends from the group. Ron still doesn't like me though and Harry just tolerates me. We will talk but never anything personal.

Draco and I have forgotten all about what happened when I was ignoring him. We've gotten close again and have been hanging out a lot more when he's not on patrol. He still believes that I'm studying when he's gone or hanging out with friends. Which is sometimes true but a lot of times I'm at DA meetings.

"I know I said I would help you study for a bit before going on patrol tonight but I'm sorry I'm going to have to cancel." Draco tells me as we are walking to the library.

"Oh, why?" I curiously asked.

"We believe we are really close to catching Potter and his group." He explained. "I'll still walk you to the library tonight but for the next few days we're starting patrol earlier than usual."

"Okay, that makes sense." I gave him a smile. "Do you have any idea of who's in it or like where it's happening?"

"I don't, no. But Umbridge says she has something that will help us catch them this week." He tells me. We stop in front of the library and turn to face each other.

"Well good luck ." I tell him as I gave him a smile.

"Thanks." He smiles back. "Are you going to stay here and study for the rest of the night?"

"For a little bit at least. I might go find the twins a little later though, I want to hang out with them for a bit." I explain.

"Okay love. I'll see you either later or in the morning." He says as he walks away.

I go into the library to actually study for the OWLs while I wait to go to the DA meeting tonight.

~~~

I walk into the room of requirement to find almost everyone there already. I walk over to Harry to let him know what Draco told me.

"Harry, I've got information." I say to get everyone's attention.

"What's going on?" He asks while everyone quiets down to listen.

"The inquisitorial squad is now going on patrol earlier. They believe they know something that will help catch us." I start to explain. "I don't know what it is but Umbridge knows something. So after tonight we might want to lay low for a week or so before having another meeting."

"Thank you Haley, you've been great help." Harry smiles. "Okay, you guys heard her, tonight will be the last meeting for a little bit so why don't we work on something fun?"

Everyone smiles and agrees.

"Let's work on the patronus charm." He says which everyone is happy about.

"You guys need to think of a happy memory. The most happiest you can think of." He explains. "Then say 'Expecto Patronum'"

Everyone started going into some groups to start trying it so we can all see each other's patronus'. I'm with Hermione, Ginny and Luna, with Ron and the twins nearby.

After a few minutes Hermione was able to get it, having an otter swimming around. A little bit after that Luna and Ginny also got it. Luna's being a rabbit and Ginny's being a horse.

"Great job you guys." Harry praises them.

I tried again but still was unsuccessful.

"You aren't thinking of a happy enough memory. Try something else." Harry tells me as the girls are all playing around with their magic light animals.

I took a deep breath and thought about something else. I thought about how I felt when I first looked at the photo album Sirius gave me for Christmas. How happy I was getting to see all of the photos I had never seen before.

"Expecto Patronum." I said doing the movement with my wand.

A bright light was shown then a doe was formed. I was amazed by this. I look at Harry who is looking at the doe in shock. Then I realized why. Our mothers patronus was a doe.

"Haley." He finally muttered out but before he could say anything else there was a bang.

Harry and I were both shocked by that. Then there was another bang but louder this time. Everyone's patronus' started fading away as they were no longer paying attention to the spell.

Everyone started to group together leaving me, the golden trio, the twins and Ginny all in the front. Harry and I are in the very center. After the next bang the mirrors that covered where the doors would usually form broke and shattered to the floor leaving a hole in the wall behind it. Harry and I took a few steps forward to try and look through the hole. I gasped when I saw Umbridge pointing her wand at it.

She said a spell that I didn't quite catch but all of a sudden the wall exploded as Harry pulled me back and behind him to keep me from getting hit by ruble.

Once everything settled down again we all looked up to see Umbridge standing there with Filch and the inquisitorial squad standing behind her. I stepped out from behind Harry to get a better view of everything going on.

I noticed Draco standing there holding onto Cho and smirking, happy that they had finally won. Until his eyes met mine, then he stopped smiling, the look of hurt and betrayal is present.

"Draco." I said taking a step forward but he now won't look at me.

He pushed Cho into Crabbe for him to hold and started to turn to leave.

"Draco, wait." I pleaded causing him to stop, still turned away from me. Umbridge seemed even happier than she should have been by all of this.

"Draco, you said that no matter what we are best friends. So please listen to me." I begged stepping forward again,

He turned his head to sneer at me. "You are nothing to me." Then started to walk away breaking my heart at his words.

I quickly started to go after him but got stopped by Blaise.

"I will be seeing you in detention with the rest of your group Ms. Snape." Umbridge cackled. "You can let her go Mr. Zabini."

Blaise then let me go as I pushed past him and Pansy in the way Draco had gone. I saw a flash of blonde hair go around a corner.

"Draco please." I called out turning the corner and grabbed his arm to stop him.

He shoved my hand off of his arm still not looking at me but not moving to leave either.

"Let me explain. You have to understand why I did it. He's my..."

"No Haley. You lied to me. You've been lying to me for months." He yelled at me finally turning around. Anger apparent in his eyes and facial features. "I thought after everything you trusted me. That you wouldn't lie or keep things from me."

Tears started to form in my eyes.

"I guess I was wrong though." He sneered. "Why don't you go back to your new friends. It seems like you like them more than me."

With that he walked away leaving me alone in the empty corridor. I tried hard no to cry but it didn't work as I broke down.