Chapter 53

"Still haven't heard anything about what happened the other day?" I ask Severus while hanging in his office after curfew.

"I'm sorry Hales, there's still nothing." He answered, not helping my nerves. "I'm sure they're all okay."

I looked up at him obviously not believing him.

"I'm sure he's okay." He restated.

"I feel like he should be back by now though unless something really bad happened." I continued to pace his office.

"Will you sit down." He rubbed the bridge of his nose.

I stopped in my tracks but I didn't sit down knowing I wont be able to for long.

All of a sudden loud footsteps caught our attention coming up the stairs making me groan in annoyance.

"It's the Carrows." Severus said. "Hide by the door and make the slip when you can."

I nodded my head moving to a little nook near the door that no one ever notices. I learned about the spot during one of my first meetings with Dumbledore when I was younger. I would sometimes use it to listen in on meetings but Dumbledore always knew I was there.

The door banged open, the Carrows not even bothering to knock, barely giving me time to properly hide.

"Why are you bothering me?" Severus growled out clearly annoyed with the twins standing in front of him.

"It's the Potter boy." Alecto said a bit out of breath. "He was spotted in Hogsmeade, and had set the alarms off."

This caught my attention, causing me to look over at Severus. He nodded his head at me as a way to say I need to go find out what's going on.

"Gather the students in the great hall." He instructed the siblings.

I quickly slipped out the door as he distracted them explaining what to do. I ran as fast as I could through the corridors to the room of requirement. I impatiently waited for the doors to appear as I paced in front of them.

"Harry was spotted in Hogsmeade and my father wants everyone in the great hall as soon as possible." I yelled running through the doors.

Everyone was gathered in a crowd unexpectedly. I figured they would all be getting ready for bed with how late it is.

"Haley?" A voice asked, surprising me.

Everyone moved out of the way to reveal Ginny, Neville and the trio standing underneath the painting leading to Aberfoth's.

"Harry." I gasped, bringing tears to my eyes.

He stepped forward as I ran to him as he opened his arms engulfing me into a hug, causing my scar to burn a little that I never thought I would miss feeling.

"You don't hate me?" I mumbled into his chest as he rested his chin on top of my head.

"I'm not happy, but we'll discuss it later." He explained. "Love you Hales."

"Love you too." I smiled pulling away from him.

Everyone else watched us really confused but no one said anything. I looked over at Hermione and Ron and quickly pulled them into a group hug.

Hermione quickly returned it while Ron was stiff at first but eventually hugged back though we were never close.

Once I pulled away I remembered why I originally ran in here. I turned around to face everyone.

"Everyone needs to change into robes and get in house formations immediately. My father knows they were spotted nearby." I explained to everyone.

The crowd scattered getting ready as I turned back to my brother and friends.