Chapter 9

"Haley, can I talk to you for a minute?" Hermione came running up to me as I was leaving the great hall with Draco. Draco looked at me as if trying to silently lecture me before sighing.

"Go ahead, just make sure you're not late to class. You don't need detention again." Draco said before walking away.

"Your boyfriend's a bit protective huh?" Hermione pointed out causing me to blush.

"Draco and I aren't dating, we're just really good friends."

"Riiight." She said still not believing me.

"What did you need to talk to me about?" I asked changing the subject.

"Oh, right. First you have to promise me you won't tell anyone about this." She said dragging me into an empty corridor so that no one could listen in.

"Hermione what's going on?" I asked confused and kind of concerned.

"Just promise me please that you won't tell anyone. Not even Malfoy or your father." She begged.

"Okay, I promise. What's going on?" I asked. She looked around making sure no one was around before leaning in closer to me.

"You told me that you don't like Umbridge and that you hate how we aren't learning how to defend ourselves in Defence Against the Dark Arts like we're supposed to be learning." She started explaining as I nodded my head. "Well, I think you're perfect to join the organization we created where Harry is going to teach us how to."

This caught me by surprise. I knew they were doing something but I never thought any of them would ask me to join.

"Really? Are you sure? I don't really think Harry would want me to be a part of it." I asked unsure about it.

"The twins and I have talked it over. You would be perfect to join. We'll defend you if Harry or any of the others try and say you're not." She explained.

"I really don't know Hermione. I can already guess that there aren't any other Slytherins and I don't think Harry or any of the others will want me there." I tell her, remembering how both Draco and Severus asked me to stay out of it. "Thanks for trying to include me though. I promise I won't tell anyone that I know."

I tried walking away but she grabbed my arm before I could.

"You're different Haley. Fred, George and I can see it. We will just have to get the others to see it too." She said giving a weak smile. "Please join us. We could really use you."

I sighed thinking it over some more. I would be going against Severus and Draco but then again I've been tired of them trying to control me.

"Okay, I'll join you guys." I told her making her really happy and causing her to hug me for a second.

"Great, the first meetings tonight in the room of requirement. I'll tell Fred and George to meet you at seven near the great hall so they can show you where to go." She tells me.

"Okay, sounds great. Now let's get to DADA before we're late and have to deal with detention with Umbitch."

~~~

I met Fred and George in front of the great hall at seven and now they are showing me how to get to the room of requirement. They explained to me that the entrance is hidden and that the room changes to whatever the users need is.

"It's just down this hall." George explained as we turned a corner. But all I saw were blank walls.

"There's nothing here." I pointed out confused.