Chapter 4

Just as I walked out of the Slytherin common room I saw Severus waiting in front of the potion's classroom. He motioned for me to follow him inside which I regretfully did, not wanting to be lectured about the night before.

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday." I told him once he had shut the door behind us.

"That's not what I wanted to talk to you about." He said causing me to whip around to look at him surprised.

"It's not?"

"No, though I am still mad that on your first day of classes you managed to get yourself detention and I caught you sneaking around with Mr. Malfoy in the middle of the night." He said sternly.

"Sorry." I whispered again looking away from him.

"Let me see your hand." I was quick to give him my right hand because I knew what he was wanting to see. He looked down at it then up to me giving me an angry stare.

"The other hand, Haley." I sighed and gave him the hand that still had the words carved into the back of it. He pushed my sleeve up so that it wasn't in the way. The back of my hand looked really red and irritated this morning. And him just barely touching it hurt.

"Why would you write this on your hand?" He asked sternly but I could see in his eyes that he was more concerned than mad.

"I didn't want to."

"Then why did you?" He finally let go of my hand.

"Why don't you ask stupid Umbitch? She made me write that for detention with her stupid quill." I said now kind of angry. Severus just looked at me and sighed.

"Go to breakfast. I'll get this figured out." He told me opening the classroom door.

I quickly walked up the stairs and to the great hall. I looked at the Slytherin table and saw Draco sitting across from Blaise and Pansy. I walked over to the table and sat next to Draco which earned me a glare from Pansy.

"Hey, how's your hand?" Draco asked grabbing my left hand.

"It's fine." I told him but he didn't believe me. He gently touched around the words which caused me to hiss in pain. Now gaining the attention of Blaise and Pansy.

"Whoa, what happened?" Blaise asked now concerned as well.

"It's nothing." I said pulling my hand out of Draco's grasp.

"No, it's not." Draco said looking at me then sighed and looked at the other two. "She got it from detention with Umbridge yesterday." Blaise looked even more concerned and Pansy snickered.

"She probably deserved it." Pansy said still smiling.

"Shut up Parkinson." Draco hissed glaring at her which she wasn't happy about. He then turned back to me. "You really should tell your father about this."

"He already knows." I told him. "He basically forced me to tell him this morning."

"Good, he needed to know."

Before I could try and change the subject to anything other than me something caught everyone in the great hall's attention. There is arguing and from what it sounds like, the argument was between two teachers. Draco and I looked at each other then got up with some of the other students to see what the commotion is about.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." Professor McGonagall told Umbridge as Draco, me and other students gathered around them.

"It sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva." Umbridge said challenging McGonagall. She had taken a few steps up the stairs to be taller than the other professor.

"Not at all Dolores." McGonagall said taking a step to be the taller one again. "Merely your medieval methods."

"Your father must have told McGonagall about your detention experience." Draco whispered.

"I'm sorry dear, but to question my practices is to question the ministry. And in doing so, the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty." Umbridge is angry now.

"Disloyalty?" McGonagall said in disbelief for being accused of such things. She took a step down in defeat making Umbridge taller.

Umbridge then turned to all of us crowded at the bottom of the stairs. "It seems that things at Hogwarts are far worse than I had feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action." She informed all of us before making her way upstairs to leave.

I stood there in shock, not able to believe that she's really getting away with her torturing punishments. Draco must have noticed this and put an arm around my shoulders saying something about walking to class with me, but I wasn't really paying attention.

~~~

I was walking alone through the corridors when I noticed a lot of people gathered in front of the great hall. I had nothing better to do than check out what was going on since Draco is at quidditch tryouts and there was no way I was going to hang out with Pansy.

I walked up just as Filch had finished hammering a metal nail into the wall. Then a frame was hung up with a parchment of an official document about Professor Umbridge becoming high inquisitor.

"You've got to be shitting me." I said turning around pushing two tall red heads out of my way.

"Aww, is ickle Snape upset about Umbridge's new status?" One of the red heads asked as they are now following me.

"Are you really trying to pick on me right now?" I asked turning around and stopping them both in their tracks. "Me? A Slytherin who also happens to be the daughter of the Professor I know you Gryffindors fear?"

"Ooooh, she's a feisty one George."

"Ya right Fred, I like her."

"What?" I asked in disbelief. One of them then put their arm around me and they dragged me to a bench nearby.

"We've heard a lot about you, but we had to see it for ourselves." One of the twins said who I believe is Fred.

"What do you mean you've heard a lot about me?" I asked them, now kind of weirded out.

"Well you see, Harry's usually the talk of the school." George starts.

"But right now, everyone's talking about you." Fred continued.

"I mean even Harry won't shut up about you." George went on.

"Which has been getting pretty annoying." Fred states.

"So, we had to see who you are for ourselves." They both said at the same time.

"Wait, what is Harry saying about me?" I asked now intrigued with the twins.

"He keeps talking about how there's something about you." Fred starts.

"He doesn't think it's anything bad, but he would like to be your friend." George continues on.

"But because you are friends with Malfoy he doesn't want to risk it." Fred says.

"Though he just wishes you wouldn't be friends with him." Georges says.

"If you ask me I think he's just jealous really." Fred finishes but what he said kind of made me cringe.

"But we like you, you're not like other Slytherins." George says.

"And who cares if you and Malfoy are buds, or what Harry said." Fred said with a smile.

"Friends?" They both asked at the same time.

I smile at the two and nod my head. I actually like them; they are fun to be around, and I've heard about some of the shenanigans they've done in the past and I don't wish to be on the receiving end of that. Plus, they know Harry and his friends so I can find stuff out about my twin from them.

The two of them stood up smiling. "Well we'll talk to you later Haley." Fred said.

"Don't be a stranger, ya hear." George then says as they walk away.