Chapter 6

Umbridge has made a few new educational decrees since Saturday. Such as Weasley products are banned which made Fred and George angry but also proud that they got their own rule. Also, now people of the opposite gender can't be too close to each other which I think is the stupidest rule she's made so far.

So now I'm sitting in DADA next to Hermione on the girl's side of the room. On the boy's side Harry and Ron were sitting together and Draco's sitting behind them with Blaise. Umbridge had left the room a few minutes ago because it sounded like there was a fight happening outside. She told us to work with the person next to us and write about whatever page she had told us to turn to.

I had noticed that everyone was just talking and not doing what they were told, well except Hermione of course. I was just absentmindedly writing whatever was on the page of the textbook, paying more attention to everyone around us than to the assignment.

"You wrote that wrong." Hermione said making me look at her.

"What?"

"You wrote that wrong." She said pointing to what I just wrote on my parchment.

"Oh thanks." I said crossing what I wrote out then rewriting it.

Hermione stayed quiet for a few minutes writing then suddenly putting her quill down then turned to me.

"You don't like Umbridge, right?" She asked. I stared at her shocked at first that she was actually talking to me.

"She's a bitch." I said pushing my sleeve up to show my still healing hand to her. Hermione stared at my hand wide eyed and shocked.

"I thought she would have made you write the same thing as Harry, but that is so much worse." She says still shocked. I move my hand so she can no longer see it.

"You seem to be the only Slytherin that doesn't like her, you know."

"Well I'm also the only Slytherin she doesn't like too. Everything she's doing is stupid. I mean this class is supposed to help defend ourselves against the dark arts and she's just making us read a fucking textbook. We should be learning spells not doing this. You-Know-Who is out there and she's not helping us prepare for him." I say in an angry whisper while shuting the stupid textbook.

"So you actually believe Harry then." She said looking from me then to Harry across the room.

I turn to where she's looking and see Harry and Ron looking at us. Harry seemed angry that Hermione is talking to me. Draco noticed them turned then turned to look as well. He gave me a smile then turned and hit Harry in the back of the head causing them both to argue now.

I turned back to Hermione now and she looks back at me too.

"Yes, I believe Harry." I tell her and she seems relieved by it. "Are you sure you should be talking to me though? Harry doesn't really seem very happy that you are."

"So what, I'm allowed to talk to whoever I want." She gives me a smile. "You're not like other Slytherins. You're different."

"Yeah, sometimes I think I wasn't supposed to be in Slytherin. That the only reason I am is because of my father." I explain to her which made her confused.

"What do you mean?"

"It's complicated." I tell her. "But I sometimes can't help but wonder if I had been sorted into a different house if I would have been friends with you guys."

"Well I don't see why we can't be friends anyway." She gives me a warm smile. "I mean the only reason Harry doesn't want to be your friend is because your friends with Draco. Which I understand but Fred and George said they really like hanging with you. That you're not like what Harry makes you out to be."