Chapter 5

Two weeks have passed since Umbridge became High Inquisitor and it has been hell. She was observing all the other professors trying to find anything that could fire them. And of course, she was coming up with so many stupid decrees for anything she thought was wrong and giving out detention for the stupidest of reasons. Like she gave me detention yesterday because I was in the hall during my free period but I wasn't studying for me O.W.L.s she made me write "I am nothing" even though my hand had just healed fully after my first detention.

It is finally Friday though and about an hour past curfew. Everyone had basically already gone off to bed, but I wasn't tired just yet so I'm hanging out in the common room. I was trying to write a new song in a random notebook, but it was hard writing one without my guitar. I had left it in my dorm since my hand hurts to play it. I was more so sitting across the couch staring at my notebook and tapping my pencil against it. I had been so deep in thought that I didn't even notice someone come out of the dorms until my legs got moved from the couch and then placed on someone's lap.

"What are you doing still awake?" I looked up to see Draco looking at me while he played with the fabric of my leggings in his lap.

"I could ask you the same question." I said closing my notebook.

"Couldn't sleep and I saw you were still down here so I thought I might as well join you." He said. "So, what about you?"

"Had too much on my mind so I was just kind of writing my thoughts down." I said as I placed my notebook on the table. He nodded at that then looked at the back of my left hand.

"How's your hand after yesterday?" He asked grabbing it gently. It was red but it's not as bad as last time.

"It hurts but better than last time for sure. She didn't make me write it as many times." I explained as he inspected my hand. It seemed like he was going to say something but was interrupted by the common room door opening.

In came Severus who was not expecting to see us on the couch. He looked at me then to Draco and how we were sitting with my legs in his lap then looked back at me.

"I was just checking on you Haley." He said. Then looked at Draco nodding to him. "Mr. Malfoy." With that he turned and left.

Draco and I both burst out laughing at how awkward that was.

"What was that all about?" He asked still laughing.

"Ever since that night he caught us in the astronomy tower he comes and checks to make sure I'm either in here or in my dorm after curfew." I explained.

"I never would have thought Snape would be a hover parent." Draco said laughing again making me laugh too.

"You have no idea." I said still laughing.

We ended up talking and laughing for a few hours. We had changed how we were sitting at some point, so I was sitting right next to him and he had his arm on the back of the couch behind me. We eventually both got really tired and were leaning on each other just kind of whispering. During which I must have fallen asleep.

~~~

As I started to wake up I felt like I didn't want to leave the position I was in. It had been the best nights sleep that I had in a really long time. I felt really warm which I thought was weird since I'm usually freezing when I wake up in my dorm. I decided to ignore it and just cuddle into my pillow some more. But my pillow felt really weird though. I finally open my eyes to see that I'm not in my dorm but instead laying on one of the couches in the common room. And I'm not sleeping on a pillow either, but on someone's chest.

"Good morning love." Said the person I was laying on.

I quickly sit up and look down to see Draco still laying down, smiling next to me. He wraps an arm around my waist to pull me back down to lay on his chest again.