Chapter 42

"Haley, where is your father?"

"I don't know my lord." I replied not looking up at Voldemort.

I'm currently sitting next to Draco in the dining room of Malfoy Manor for the first Death Eater meeting that we've been called to.

The door then opened bringing all of our attention to see Severus walk in.

"Ah, Severus. I was beginning to worry you had lost your way." Voldemort said. "Come, we've saved you a seat next to your daughter."

Severus sat down next to me, this having been the first time I've seen him since the beginning of summer.

"You bring news, I trust?" Voldemort asked once he sat down.

"It will happen on Saturday next, at nightfall." He told Voldemort.

"I've heard differently, my lord." One of the Death Eaters I don't know the name of said. "Dawlish, the auror, has let slip that the Potter boy will not be moved until the thirtieth of this month. The day before he turns seventeen."

"That is a false trail. The Auror office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter." Severus informed everyone. "Those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the Ministry."

Severus and a few other Death Eaters went back and forth that I didn't bother paying attention to.

"Where will he be taken, the boy?" Voldemort asked, bringing everyone's attention back to him.

"Most likely the home of someone in the Order." Severus explained. I bet they'll take him to the Weasley's. "I'm told it's been given by every manner of protection possible. Once there, it will be impractical to attack him."

"And what about the girl?" Voldemort asked, turning to me.

I looked up at him for the first time all night.

"I've narrowed the list down. Though I believe she doesn't know who she really is." I explained. "She was most likely adopted into a pure-blood family and was never told who she really is."

"Thank you Haley." Voldemort said. "The next few weeks will be very important in us taking over the Ministry completely. Once that happens I will need you two to find the girl." Voldemort told Draco and I. "And you better find her before the end of the school year."

Draco and I nodded our heads in understanding.

"Ahem. My lord. I'd like to volunteer myself for the task. I want to kill the boy." Bellatrix chimed in when Voldemort was done talking to Draco and I.

Before Voldemort could respond though there were screams from the dungeon.

"Wormtail." Voldemort yelled at the only person standing in the room. "Have I not spoken to you about keeping our guests quiet."

"Yes my lord. Right away, my lord." Wormtail quickly walked away to handle the screams.

"As inspiring as I find your bloodlust, Bellatrix..." Voldemort turned to Draco's crazy aunt sitting a few seats away from us. "... I must be the one to kill Harry Potter. But I face an unfortunate complication. That my wand and Potter's share the same core. They are, in some ways, twins. We can wound, but not fatally harm one another."

Voldemort then started walking down our side of the table.

"If I am to kill him, I must do it with another's wand." He stopped right behind Draco and I's chairs. "Come, surely one of you would like the honor?"

Voldemort looked around the table waiting for someone to volunteer but no one did. He then made his way back up the table stopping behind Lucius.

"What about you, Lucius."

"My lord?" Lucius questioned.

"My lord?" Voldemort mocked back. "I require your wand."

Lucius took his wand out of his walking cane and gave it to the Dark Lord.

"Do I detect elm?" He asked a scared looking Lucius.

"Yes my lord."

Voldemort then snapped the snake head off the end of the wand causing Lucius to flinch.

"And the core?" He asked.

"Dragon heartstring, my lord."

"Dragon heartstring." Voldemort seemed to approve of it.

"To those of you who do not know..." Voldemort flicked Lucius' wand at the person floating in the air who I was trying to ignore, bringing her to float over the table. "We are joined tonight by Miss Charity Burbage who, until recently, taught at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her specialty was Muggle Studies."

Most of the Death Eaters chuckled at this. I looked at Severus to see him looking at her without any emotion.

I didn't really listen to what Voldemort was saying about her, I just watched her remembering some of the classes she had taught me. It wasn't until she begged Severus for help that I started paying attention again.

Just then Voldemort mumbled "Avada Kedavra" causing me to flinch and grab Draco's hand under the table as our old professor dropped dead on the table.

"Nagini, dinner." Voldemort let Nagini slither onto the table to eat Miss Burbage. I couldn't watch as I turned to Draco as he squeezed my hand also turning away.

Once Nagini was finished Voldemort apparated out and many other Death Eaters followed. 

I quickly booked it out of the room not wanting to stay in that room any longer. I slowed down once I made it into the living room, taking a deep breath.

"Haley." I turned to see Severus had followed me into the room and Draco was standing behind him leaning in the doorway. "Draco has told me about some concerns he has."

I glared at Draco for a second before turning back to Severus.

"I don't know what he's talking about. I'm just fine." I lied to him.

"Bullshit Haley." Draco yelled, pushing himself off the door frame and making his way next to Severus. "You barely eat, you don't sleep very well and I'm scared to leave you alone not knowing what I'm going to come back to find you like."

Severus was surprised at Draco obviously not knowing what was fully happening while he was gone. He grabbed his wand and with a flick of the wrist the door to the room closed leaving the three of us alone and not letting any possible listeners.

"Sit." He growled out motioning to the couch. I started to hesitate and thought about trying to run past them.

Draco stepped closer to me ready to grab me though already knowing what I was thinking. I sighed and plopped down on the couch.

"Now explain to me everything." He told Draco.

And Draco did. He explained how I barely leave his room, how he had to force me to eat sometimes. What he found me doing just the other day causing me to pull my sleeve further down my still healing arm.

And before Severus could ask me any questions I quickly explained myself, telling him everything I had told Draco the other day.

Severus loudly sighed.

"I understand why you're feeling like this." He looked at me sadly. "But you need to actually take care of yourself. You can't help your brother like this."

"I know." I nodded my head not looking either of them in the eyes.

"Until further notice you are to be with Draco 24/7. You are not allowed to leave his sight unless I say otherwise." I nodded my head in understanding. He then turned to Draco. "Tell me right away if things get worse."

"Of course." Draco answered him.

"Now I have to help prepare things for what's coming." Severus explained to us. "You know how to contact me Draco. I expect updates wherever you can."

And with that Severus left the room.