Chapter 21

"Merlin's beard Haley. I'm so sorry." Draco said after I told him everything that happened the night before.

"It's okay Draco. None of it was your fault." I told him. "It's not like you knew what was going to happen... Right?"

"No of course not." He reassured me. "But still I'm sorry that my aunt killed your Godfather."

"It's okay." I gave him a small forced smile.

"Have you gotten to see him recently?"

"Yeah, I saw him twice over the school year." I told him then started to get sad when I remembered something. "I was actually supposed to go live with him when Umbridge revealed that Harry's twin is alive. I regret not going now."

"Why didn't you?" Draco asked taking my hand.

"Because I knew it would look suspicious if I all of a sudden left Hogwarts after it. And we don't need people figuring out who I really am." I explained. "It was safer if I stayed here but I wish I had gone to visit one last time."

Draco quickly pulled me into a hug as he now sits next to me on the couch in the common room.

"Draco." Pansy's voice boomed as she busted into the room.

She stopped when she saw us and we quickly pulled away from each other. We turned to look at her fully and she is now glaring at me.

"What is it Parkinson?" Draco asked causing her to stop glaring at me and turn to him.

"I thought you might want to see this." She said handing him this morning's Daily Prophet.

Draco and I both started reading it. It was about last night's events and how Voldemore is really back. I had wanted to cry when I read about Sirius but I held myself back. Then I saw what Pansy had wanted Draco to see.

His father has been outed by Harry and was arrested. There's going to be a court hearing about it at the beginning of the summer. I rested my hand on his arm as I looked at him. He seemed both surprised and angry as he continued reading.

"Thanks Pansy for showing me this." He said setting the Daily Prophet on the table in front of us.

"Of course Draco." She gave him a smile. "Remember if you ever need anything you can always come to me."

She glared at me one last time before leaving the common room.

"Are you okay?" I asked him and he just nodded his head. I leaned my head on his shoulder and whispered. "I'm sorry that my brother turned your father in."

"It's okay. It's honestly more my father's fault." He said and I turned to look at him surprised.

He turned to look at me giving a small smile before wrapping his arm around my shoulders to bring me closer to him.

~~~

Today is the day that everyone is leaving to go home for the summer holidays. I'm waiting in front of the Gryffindor common room for my friends to come out.

"Haley?" Harry asked bringing me out of my thoughts to look up at him and the others.

"Hey, I was waiting to say goodbye to you guys." I told them giving a smile and started walking with them to the courtyard.

"You're not taking the train?" Neville asked.

"No, the teachers stay for a few days so I'm not leaving until my father is done here." I explained.

"That makes sense." He said.

"Well I'm glad you came and found us to say goodbye." Hermione said and Ginny smiled too nodding her head in agreement.

"Well I couldn't let you guys leave without seeing you all one last time." I said as we stopped in the courtyard.

Hermione and Ginny both sat their stuff down and quickly hugged me.

"Write us?" Ginny asked pulling away.

"I'll try." I smiled at them.

I then turned to the boys.

"Bye Haley." Neville said giving me a smile.

"Bye Neville." I smiled back." Bye Ron, tell the twins hi for me."

Ron just nodded his head, still not really liking me. Harry then nodded his head at me.

"Bye Haley." He said.

"Bye Harry." He smiled for a second but vanished when he looked at something behind me.

I looked over my shoulder to see Draco standing there waiting for me. I then turned back around and smiled at my friends.

"Bye you guys. I'll see you next year." I told them all.

All but Ron and Harry smiled and said bye as I turned to go to Draco.

"All packed?" I asked as he grabbed his trunk and wrapped his arm around me.

"Yup." He said as we started walking to the bridge. "Potter didn't seem very happy."

I looked in front of us to see them all a bit ahead of us. Ron and Harry were both talking and every once and awhile they would glance back at us.

"Yeah, he still doesn't like you and is still kind of iffy with me." I told him as he chuckled.

"What's Weasley's problem then?" He nodded at the two who are still glancing back at us.

"He's never liked me." I explained. "I blame you for that."

"Hey, it's your fault. The only reason he doesn't like you is because you're friends with me." He started saying. "No one said you had to keep being friends with me."

I smiled at him. "You're right but I'm glad we're friends. You're honestly the best thing in my life."

"Oh yeah, am I?" He asked smiling down at me.

"Yeah, you are."

"Well I'm glad to hear that because you're honestly one of the best things in my life too." He says which made me really happy. I started having this weird feeling in my stomach which I was confused by.

"So how long will you be here for?" He asked as we got closer to the group of students waiting to get in the carriages.

"I was told that we won't be going back to Cokeworth until the end of the week." I told him.

"Well if you ever get bored this summer just send an owl and we can maybe figure out something to do." He told me.

"Yeah, I highly doubt my father will let me go anywhere without him." I told Draco.

"Well if not then I'll figure out a way to sneak you out."

"You would do that?" I asked as we were getting closer to the font of the group for the carriages.

"Well yeah. Snape can't keep you hidden away whenever we're not at school and I'll make sure of that." He smiled down at me.

"Draco, you coming?" I heard Pansy's annoying voice yell as she got in the next carriage.

"Yeah, just hold on a second." he yelled back.

"I'll see you later." I tell him with a smile.

"Bye love." He says pulling me into a hug and kissing the top of my head causing me to have that weird feeling again.

He let go and got into the carriage next to Goyle. He turned and waved as they started moving. I waved back then looked at Pansy to see her glaring at me pretty angry. I don't know why but it made me happy to see her pissed at Draco's and I's relationship.

I waited until I no longer saw the carriage that took my best friend away from me. Once it was out of view I turned to go back to the castle to get ready for a lonely few days, and possibly even summer. I really hope that I will be able to somehow see Draco this summer. But with his fathers trial and Severus probably never letting me leave the house I don't know if that will happen.