Chapter 7

When I woke up this morning I found a note on my bedside table from Severus to meet him in his office once I woke up. So that's where I'm heading now. Of course there still weren't a lot of people up just yet so the halls are quiet. I walk into the potions classroom then went to his office in the back to see him sitting at his desk going through some papers.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask, sitting in the chair across from him.

"How's your arm?" He asks looking up from the paperwork.

"It's fine. Still kind of hurts but I think I'll live." I joke.

"Well I think you should take it easy today and rest. I already notified all of the professors that you won't be in classes today." He explains.

"Why? I'm fine. I'm good to go to class." I tell him.

"Just please listen to me Haley." He sighed.

"Well I'm not just going to sit around all day doing fucking nothing."

"Language." He growls. "What do you want to do then?"

"Can I go see Sirius?" I ask.

"I don't think that's a good idea. Why don't you read..." He starts saying before I cut him off.

"Please Severus. I would like to see my Godfather. We didn't get to talk very long last time we went over there for the Order meeting." I beg. He sighs putting his head in his hands.

"Fine. You may go see Sirius." He sighs which makes me really happy that I could hug him. But I don't because he doesn't like physical affection. "Use the floo powder and don't be gone all day."

"Thank you." I say before grabbing the floo powder and going to the fireplace to leave.

Once I was at Sirius' house I saw his house elf cleaning but I had scared him.

"Ah, Ms. Haley, I didn't know you would be coming today." Kreacher said.

"It was a last minute decision. Where's Sirius?" I ask the elf.

"Master's in the dining room." Kreacher tells me before resuming what he was doing.

I walked down the hall to the dining room where we usually hold Order meetings. And sure enough I found Sirius drinking tea and reading the Daily Prophet.

"What, can't look up to see your Goddaughter?" I said with a laugh causing him to look up.

"Haley." He smiled, getting up to give me a hug. "What's up kiddo? What are you doing here?"

I hugged him back before letting go to answer his question.

"You said I could come over whenever I need to get away." I said and he laughed.

"I did. And you're always welcome to do so whenever you need to." He said, ushering me to sit at the table with him. "So what's going on that you needed to get away?"

"Severus is overparenting as usual. There was an accident in potions yesterday and he insists I take it easy today." I explain rolling up my sleeve to show my still wrapped arm.

Sirius chuckles "He's just being a concerned father."

"Well it's annoying. Oh and he also made my friend look after me and make sure I'm not hanging out with certain people." I explain. "I got reprimanded for hanging with Fred and George the other day."

"Okay, that's a little overboard." He laughed. "Well other than that how had Hogwarts been? Harry had told me about your new DADA professor."

"Oh, he told you about Umbitch." I said sneering her name and he laughed.