Chapter 8

Weeks have passed and it's finally the day of the Hogsmeade trip. We have all been looking forward to this because things with Umbridge have been hell. All of her educational decrees have ruined Hogwarts since we aren't allowed to have basically any fun anymore. I'm still the only Slytherin that doesn't like her but I luckley have managed to not get anymore detentions with her.

The only good thing that's really come from it is Hermione and I have gotten closer and become really good friends. She apologized for Harry about my arm and how he was just mad about me becoming friends with her. She said that he had no right to, that he can't control either of us.

Draco hasn't really been happy with me being friends with Hermione and the Weasley twins but after our talk on the astronomy tower he's been trying to be less like a spoiled rich kid which I like. So he's been more open to letting me have other friends and not being as mean to them. He still has trouble sometimes though but I can tell he's really trying.

Draco and I are currently going through all the shops looking at everything since I've never been to Hogsmeade before. We had just walked out of Honeydukes when Draco stopped and looked around kind of confused. I turn to him, also confused, it seems like he's trying to look for someone.

"Everything okay, Draco?" I asked as he now walks over to me.

"Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of the students that came with us are missing? I feel like I haven't seen a lot of people this whole time." He says still looking around.

"You're right. I haven't seen a lot of them either. I thought I would have seen Hermione or Fred and George by now." I said now also confused.

"They're up to something, and I bet Potter's the one in charge of it all." He said, making me glare at him for a second before sighing.

"Honestly, you're probably right." I said knowing full well that my brother is probably plotting something right now.

"Forget about them. Come on, I like this shop." He pulled me into a nearby shop. A lot of it was some beautiful jewelry and some other miscellaneous items.

After looking around a bit and eyeing some different jewelry I found Draco looking at this black metallic ring.

"That's a pretty cool ring." I tell him as he puts it on one of his fingers. It fit perfectly and seemed to go with some of the other rings he's always wearing.

"Yeah, I really like it." He says before taking the ring off and putting it back where he got it.

"You're not going to get it?" I was confused.

"No, not this time. Maybe if it's still here during the next trip I'll get it."

I nod my head at him before looking back at the ring making a mental note of it.

After a few more hours of going from shop to shop then sitting and having a few butterbeers we finally got back to the castle.

I noticed Harry talking to Ron, Hermione and a few other Gryffindors. It seemed like they were being kind of suspicious just confirming what Draco and I thought earlier of them being up to something. Draco noticed this too and he looked at me giving me the look of "I told you so" making me roll my eyes at him.

~~~

Umbridge is having Filch hang up a new educational decree and a lot of us are gathered around waiting to find out what this one is. Filch puts up the frame and we all see it says: "All student organizations are henceforth disbanded, any student in noncompliance will be expelled." A lot of the students started to get mad asking about what they are supposed to do for all of their organizations now.

"I bet you, this is Potter's fault." Draco whispered in my ear scaring me since he hadn't been there before.

"Merlin Draco, you scared me." I turned to him and he laughed at me.

"Sorry love." He apologized. "But you know I'm right. Just look at them over there. It seems like they are trying to figure out what to do now."

I looked over to Harry and his group and Draco was right, they seem concerned now and trying to figure out what to do. I then turned back to Draco.

"What do you think they're planning?" I asked him.

"Why are you asking me? If either of us was likely to know anything it would be you. You're the one who's friends with the weasel twins and that mudblood." he sneered.

I gave him a glare and he looked down at me before sighing.

"Sorry, I mean Granger."

"None of them told me anything. Probably because Harry doesn't want me to know." I said looking back to them as they started to walk away, then looked at Draco again.

"That's probably a good thing." he said, making me confused. "You don't need to be getting yourself involved in whatever they are doing. I can already bet you that when Umbridge finds out there is going to be some major punishment." He grabbed my hand to remind me of the words still scarred into the back of my hand.

"I guess you're right." I sighed looking down.

"You know I'm right." he grabbed both of my shoulders causing me to look him in the eyes. "Please promise me you will try to stay out of trouble."

"I'll try." I gave him a small smile which he accepted.

"Good. Now come on, let's head back to the common room." He said, pulling me with him as we walked away.

We got to the dungeons and were about to turn the last corner that leads to the Slytherin secret entrance, but...

"Haley." The monotone voice of my adopted father stopped us, making us turn to him.

Severus walked up to us and acknowledged us both.

"I need to talk to you in my office." He told me, making me sigh.

"I'll meet you back in the common room Draco." He nodded his head before walking away.

I followed Severus into the potions classroom then into his office in the back of the room. I sat in the chair as he shut the door.

"What's up Severus?"

"I've noticed you've become pretty close with Ms. Granger and the Weasley twins." He stated.

"You've noticed, or your spy told you?" I asked which surprised him. "Draco told me what you asked of him and I don't really appreciate it."

"I really don't think it's a good idea for you to be getting close with your brother or any of his friends." He explained.

"Harry doesn't even like me since I'm friends with Draco. He's actually not happy that Hermione, Fred and George have become my friends either." I told him.

"That's good, but still I don't like you being friends with the others." He explains. " You should be staying away from them so we can make sure no one figures out who you really are."

"I've been hanging with them for a while now and they haven't figured anything out. And you're not going to control who I'm friends with." I was getting angry.

"Okay, I won't control that anymore." He sighs. "Just promise me that whatever Potter is planning right now you won't get involved."

"Draco literally just asked me the same thing. Can't you two just let me live my life please." I got angry and stormed out of his office and started heading towards the common room again.

I said the password and stormed in and angrily plopped myself on the couch next to Draco.

"What's got you so angry?" He asked, putting his arm on the back of the couch behind me.

"You have got to stop talking to my father about me." I side eyed him.

"Oh, sorry."