Chapter 34

A/N:

Sorry this chapter is a day late but I wanted to wait a day to post it on June 5 for Draco's birthday. Happy Birthday Draco Malfoy!!!

~~~

Tonight's Slughorn's Christmas party which I went with Blaise. I'm wearing a long sleeve forest green dress and Blaise is wearing an all black suit with a matching green tie.

"Ms. Snape, Mr. Zabini, I'm so glad you could make it tonight." Slughorn came up to us. "Where are your dates?"

"Actually professor, we're each other's dates." I answered him.

"Really? I thought you would have brought Mr. Malfoy." Slughorn said which made Blaise snicker.

"Well I didn't sir."

"That's okay. Have a wonderful night you two." He smiled and walked away.

"Does everyone just assume that Draco and I are a thing?" I asked Blaise.

"Can you blame us? You two are always together." He still laughs. "But considering you came here with me tonight might mean you have a thing for me."

"Shut up Blaise." I laughed.

I then noticed Harry going behind some curtains which I noticed Hermione was hiding behind.

"I'm going to go talk to Harry and Hermione real quick." I told Blaise which he nodded.

I quickly walked over to them to hear them talking about how Hermione came with Cormac tonight.

"Why are you two hiding?" I asked, scaring both of them.

"I'm trying to hide from my date." Hermione explained and I nodded.

"So Where's Draco?" Harry asked.

"He didn't want to come so I came with Blaise." I told him.

"Well where is he then?" Harry continued.

"I don't know, in our common room probably. Why does it matter?" I asked.

"I just still don't trust him." He explained. "I bet he didn't want to come because he's up to something."

"Harry, just leave him be okay." I begged.

"Well to change the subject." Hermione chimed in. "We told Mrs. Weasley that we now know the truth about you and she said you can spend Christmas at the Burrow with them."

"Thanks, but Draco is going to be staying here so I plan to stay with him." I explained which Harry frowned at.

"Do you think that's a good idea to stay here with him alone?" Harry asked. "He's up to something, Haley. You should come with us to the Burrow."

"Draco isn't up to anything." I lied. "But think of it this way. We'll be the only Slytherins staying, meaning I'll know anytime he tries to leave. I'll be able to keep an eye on him and whatever you think he's up to."

Harry sighed. "Fine. Just be careful." I nodded.

"Dragon tartare?" A waiter asked, coming through the curtains. All three shook our heads no. "Just as well, they give you horribly bad breath."

"On second thought, might keep Cormac at bay." Hermione lunged forward.

I took this as the best time to sneak away and get out of talking about Draco anymore. I spotted Ginny alone and decided to go talk to her.

"Hey Ginny." I said and she turned, giving me a smile.

"Haley! I heard you might get to stay with us for Christmas." She said excitedly.

"Sadly I won't be. I'll be staying here." I told her.

"Aww man, it would have been fun getting to spend some girl time with you." Her smile dropped.

Before I could say anything else though the door swung open causing everyone to turn. Filch came in dragging a protesting Draco.

"Professor Slughorn, sir. I just discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party." Filch told Slughorn.

"Okay, okay. I was gate crashing, happy?" Draco shouted out.

Severus then came out of the crowd to escort Draco out. I then sighed, turning back to Ginny.

"I'm sorry Ginny but I've got to go." I told her.

"I understand, go ahead." She told me.

I quickly walked out of the party going down the corridor to find Severus has Draco pushed up against a wall.

"Can you please let go of Draco." I called out.

Severus looked at me then sighed and let him go.

"You both need to be more careful." Severus said then walked back to the party.

I walked over to Draco and fixed his suit then looked up to him when he let out a loud sigh.

"I'm sorry for ruining your night." He said, looking down at me.

"You didn't ruin my night. I probably would have left the party early anyway." I told him.

"Well you look beautiful." He smiled looking me over which caused me to blush.

"Thank you." I looked away. "Do you mind if I spend the rest of my night with you?"

"Come on darling. I know exactly where to go." He grabbed my hand pulling me along down the corridor with him.

We walked for a few minutes before I realized we are going to the astronomy tower.

"You're taking me to the astronomy tower?"

"I figured we could make new, better memories there." He said as we made it to the bottom of the tower. "Starting tonight, and forget about the time you almost... you know."

I pulled him up the stairs and pulled him to sit with me in our usual spot to look out at the view.

"Are you ready to finally have a break from everything?" I asked, leaning my head on his shoulder and playing with some of his rings.

"I can't wait to finally just spend time with you alone and not have to worry about anything." He said kissing the top of my head.

I kept playing with his rings as we just sat there in comfortable silence just enjoying each other's company. I was happy to see that he's still wearing the ring I got him for Christmas last year. I also noticed he's wearing a new ring, one in the shape of a snake.

He lightly chuckled, bringing me out of my thoughts. "What?"

"Nothing. I see you like my rings." He said.

"They're fun to play with." I told him.

"Which ones your favorite?" He asked bringing his hand up for us both to look at.

"Well obviously the one I got you." I said smiling. "But I also like the snake one."

He then pulled the ring off his finger and took my hand placing it on my pointer finger.

"There, now you can always think of me when you see it." He said as I moved to look at him.

"I don't need to look at the ring to think of you Draco."