Chapter 51

School started back up about a month ago and I feel like things have been worse than they were before the break. The Carrows have been even more tortures than they were before and have been handing out detentions for no reason. They really hate me now for whatever Voldemort had sent them to do but they can't do anything to Draco or I which really pisses them off more.

We've been trying to keep everyone's spirits high in the room of requirement but it's been getting harder with every passing week.

I'm currently staying in the room of requirement for the weekend since Draco's having a guys weekend with Blaise, Theo and the minions. He hasn't really gotten to do much with them since fifth year so when Blaise and Theo asked to steam him I encouraged it. Draco didn't want to at first but I talked him into it and I'm sure he'll be able that he did go afterwards.

"Haley, we need to talk about some things." Ginny and Neville came up to me.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked, concerned.

"We haven't heard from Luna since the holiday and we're starting to get worried." Neville explained.

"That's unusual. Has anyone tried bowling her?"

"Yeah, we have but she never responded." Ginny told me. "So I then tried contacting her father and still nothing. We don't know what happened to them."

"Okay, I'll talk to my father and see if he's heard anything about what's happened to them." I reassured them both. "Is that all you needed to tell me?"

"Actually, no." Neville said before looking at Ginny who nodded at him to continue. "There's someone who wants to meet you."

"Who?" I'm very confused now since I know pretty much everyone who's been hiding.

"Just follow me." Neville turned, walking over to one of the walls that has a painting hanging on it, with Ginny following us.

Once we made it over there, Ginny grabbed a ladder placing it in front of the painting. Neville then climbed up the ladder moving the painting to reveal a secret passage. I looked around and no one seemed to bat an eye at it meaning everyone already knew about it being there.

"What is this for?" I asked the two as they looked at me.

"You'll see, come on." Neville said, climbing through the hole.

I looked at Ginny who smiled. "Go on."

I hesitantly climbed the ladder to the top and Neville helped me into the secret passage before closing the painting behind us. He lit his wand and started walking as I followed.

"How long has this passage been here?" I asked him to stay close to Neville so as to not get lost.

"A few months." He started to explain. "After the Carrows filled in all the other passages in the castle we decided we needed a way to contact people in Hogsmeade. So we made this tunnel back in October, November time frame."

"Oh, okay." All of it made sense. "So where does it lead to then?"

"You'll see in a few minutes."

I decided not to ask anymore questions and see what happens. It didn't take long before we made it to the end of the passage in which Neville pushed open what looked like the back of another painting.

Neville went out first as I heard him talk to someone." I brought her like you asked."

"Bring her out." A rough older voice said.

Neville then turned and helped me out of the tunnel. I looked around the room to see a table with a man sitting there causing me to gasp.

"How?" I asked the man.