Chapter 36

It's been a few weeks since everyone got back from the holidays. I haven't really seen the trio except for the first day back when I made sure they were all okay. Harry told me he needed to talk to me about something he found out but we haven't talked since I'm always either with Draco or Blaise or working on the cabinet.

That was the case this morning when McGonagall and Hermione came up to Blaise and I freaked out.

"Ms. Snape, please come with us." McGonagall said before turning away as Hermione grabbed my arm.

"What's going on?" I asked Hermione.

"Ron, he's in the hospital wing."

I didn't say anything else as I followed them. It didn't take us long to get there where McGonagall ushered us in before shutting the doors. There, Ron lay on a hospital bed, his body limp. Harry and Ginny standing next to the bed clearly worried. Hermione rushed to sit in the chair next to him grabbing his hand.

"What the fuck happened?" I asked slowly walking over.

"I think he was poisoned." Harry said as I went to stand next to him.

Before I could say anything else Dumbledore, McGonagall, Severus and Slughorn all came into the room.

"Quick thinking on your part Harry, using Bezoar." Dumbledore said. "You must be very proud of your student, Horace."

I looked at Slughorn to see him looking worriedly at Ron and holding a bottle.

"Yes, very proud." He replied simply.

"I think we agree, Mr. Potter's actions were heroic." McGonagall chimed in. "The question is, why were they necessary?"

Dumbledore then turned to Slughorn inspecting the wrapped bottle in his hand.

"This seems to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you the bottle?" Dumbledore asked before smelling it. "Which by the way, possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry when not polluted with poison."

"Actually, I intended to give it a gift myself." Slughorn said with a hint of sadness. "To you, headmaster."

All the teachers looked at each other in disbelief. Then Severus looked at me, both of us understanding that the bottle came from Draco. The silence was broken when a high pitched voice and quick shuffling feet were heard.

"Where is he? Where is my Won-Won?" Lavender asked, stopping at the end of the bed. "Has he been asking about me?"

"No." I simply stated causing her to glare at me. She then looked at Hermione.

"What's she doing here?" Lavender asked.

"She has every right to be here." I stood up to her.

"Really, because they haven't talked in weeks. But now that he's all interesting..."

"Shut up." I cut her off. "Just shut up for once. There's no reason for you to be acting like this when all that matters right now is that Ron is unconscious."

"I happen to be his girlfriend soo..." But before Lavender could finish her sentence Ron started to stir and mumbled, catching all of our attention. "See, he senses my presence. Don't worry Won-Won, I'm here."

"Hmm... Hermione." Ron mumbled out.

Harry, Ginny and I looked at each other with wide eyes. Lavender then ran out sobbing and I couldn't help but smile as I turned to Hermione. She grabbed his hand again and sat on the edge of the bed.

Dumbledore then ushered us out leaving Hermione alone with Ron. All the professors went one way and Harry said he would catch up with us later leaving me with Ginny.

"It's about time." I laughed out, causing Ginny to join.

"You have no idea." She said. "I've been wanting them together for so long now."

"I bet." I smiled looking at her." So what about you? Do you like anyone?"

"Yeah." She started to blush and turned away.

"Well do tell. Who is it?"

"Harry." She whispered as I looked at her shocked.

"Harry?" I screamed out.

"Hey, don't look at me like that. What about you and Malfoy?" She asked bringing this on me now.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I looked away now blushing.

"Yeah, sure." She laughed.

"Haley." We both turned to see Harry walking back to us. "Remember when I said I need to talk to you about something?"

"Yeah?" I looked at him confused.

"Well now's the time." He said grabbing my hand pulling me away from Ginny.

He pulled me into a stairwell before pulling some parchment from his bag. After tapping his wand on it and whispering something, writing started to appear on it.

"This was made by our father, Sirius and Lupin." He explained opening it to show a map. "It's a map that shows everyone in Hogwarts."

"You can see where everyone is in the castle at any time?" I was surprised.

"Yes, it can be useful, such as finding Draco in your dorm most nights." He glared at me.

"Shut up." I blushed.

"Anyway, if you look, we're here." He pointed to some footprints with our names next to them.

"Okay, what is this about?" I asked already sure of where this is going.

"You wanted proof about Draco?" He asked turning the parchment then pointing to a different set of footprints. "Here it is. It's Malfoy trying to open the room of requirement doors. And I bet you they will disappear in a second since the room doesn't appear on the map."

And sure enough he was right. Draco's footprints disappeared showing that he's now in the room of requirement.

"So what Harry? That doesn't mean shit." I told him.

"I knew you would say that. Why I waited to show you." He sighed. "But over break I found out something."

"And what did you find out?"

"Before school started, you and Draco went to Borgin and Burkes. Do you know why?" He asked, surprising me.

"So we were being followed. I thought I saw Ron's red hair." I laughed but he kept staring at me waiting to answer, causing me to sigh. "I don't know, we were looking at some cabinet for a gift or something."

"Well I found out it's a vanishing cabinet and it should have a twin that I'm guessing is here."  I looked at him shocked that he figured it out. "If my suspicions are right that he's a Death Eater, then I believe he's going to do something with the cabinets."

"Merlin's sake Harry, Draco is not a Death Eater." I lied. "I would know, we're together so often. And over break he didn't do anything, he was with me the whole time. If he was a Death Eater that would have been the perfect time to do something when everyone was gone."

"Fine, don't believe me." Harry yelled out. "But I will prove it to you, even if I have to kill him to show you his mark."

He angrily walked away now making me scared that he will actually try to kill him. Draco could possibly die at the hand of my brother or the hand of the Dark Lord.

Sometimes I wish that I wasn't a Potter and didn't have to deal with this.