Chapter 1

I'm sitting in Dumbledore's office along with Professor McGonagall and my adopted father, Professor Snape.

"Headmaster, I really don't think it's a good idea to have Haley attend Hogwarts." Severus tells Dumbledore.

"Severus, you know she will be safer here at Hogwarts. People know you have a daughter, including Voldemort, and it would look suspicious that she wasn't attending." Dumbledore explained.

"I'm not actually his daughter." I mumbled to myself not realizing anyone heard me.

"No, but the only people who know that outside of this room is the Order of the Phoenix and we need to keep it that way." Dumbledore tells me.

"How? I don't even look like Severus."

"She's not wrong. She does look a lot like Lily." Professor McGonagall chimes in.

"See, I'm not the only one who thinks that." I point out. "And if people somehow don't realize it by that then they will when I'm not sorted into Slytherin tomorrow, because we all know I'm not."

"Don't worry, we already have that figured out. No matter what you will be sorted into Slytherin tomorrow." Severus tells me placing a hand on my shoulder.

"What, the sorting hats going to lie or something?" I ask.

"Basically." Dumbledore says. "Now for how you look, we can't really do anything about that. We will just have to hope that no one realizes how much you look like Harry."

"You really think everyone's going to fucking believe I'm really Severus' daughter?" I yell out before getting whacked in the back of the head.

"Language." Severus says glaring at me.

"I mean come on. Even though people know he has a "daughter" he's kept me hidden for bloody fourteen years, that and how I look like my mother makes everything kind of suspicious." I continued.

"Everyone believes Harry's twin died that night along with your parents. But with Voldemort back we need to do everything to keep you safe. So just go along pretending that Severus is your father and make sure that scar on your wrist stays hidden." Dumbledore explains, pointing to the scar on my right wrist that was in the shape of a lightning bolt just like Harry's.

~~~

            The next day I spent it unpacking my stuff in my dorm while waiting for all the students to get to the school. Dumbledore of course gave me a dorm to myself, so I actually get a lot of room that I don't really need. After a few hours Severus, I mean my father, came in to tell me that students were there and to get into my robes and wait in front of the great hall for Dumbledore to call me.

It felt like I was waiting outside forever listening to all the first years get sorted into their houses. But then finally I hear Dumbledore talk.

"Before we move on we have a new fifth year student joining us this year. Everyone welcome Haley Snape."

I walked in and everyone was staring at me as I walked to Professor McGonagall. As I walked by the tables I could hear people whispering about me like;

"No one has ever seen Snape's daughter before. Is that really her?"

"Who would sleep with Snape?" Which made me laugh.

And "She doesn't really look like Snape, but she still looks familiar." Which concerned me.

I sit down on the stool and Professor McGonagall barely placed the sorting hat on my head when it yelled out "Slytherin" which made me roll my eyes.

As I walked to the Slytherin table a boy with platinum blond hair who looked about my age stood up and motioned me to sit with him. I sat down right next to him which caused some of the other girls to glare at me.

"This is Crabbe, Goyle and Blaise." He said pointing to the three sitting across from us. "And I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He said smirking at me.

"I'm Haley." I said smiling back at him.

Some lady in pink was standing in front of the room but she was being ignored by most of us. Then a girl on the other side of Draco rudely cleared her throat and nudged Draco's side.

"Yeah and that's Pansy" Draco said shooing Pansy away which made her angry.

"So, are you actually Professor Snape's daughter?" Blaise asked getting my attention.

"That's what I've been told. And I've lived with him pretty much my whole life, so you tell me."

"I can't believe it; I mean you don't even look like him." Draco said looking back and forth from "my father" and I.

I turn and look at Severus who is very intently watching me from the professors table. Then turned back to Draco.

"Yeah, I've always been told that I look like my mother." I told him.

"So why are you just now starting at Hogwarts? Is it true your dad kept you hidden your whole life?" Blaise curiously asked,

"Yeah he did. After my mother died he didn't want anything to happen to me either, so he basically kept me from the world and taught me at home. I only just this summer finally convinced him to let me attend Hogwarts." I explained to the boys.

"I'm sorry." Draco said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"It's fine. I don't remember her, she died when I was one. And my father had good intentions, so I have no reason to be mad at him for it." I explained.

As I was sitting there talking to my new friends, I felt like someone was watching me. I turned around looking at the other houses, then I spotted them at the Gryffindor table. I saw four red heads, a girl with brown hair and the only one I recognized, my twin brother, all staring at me. They were talking to each other but kept glancing back at me. Draco noticed I was turned around and looked to see what I was looking at.

"Hey, ignore them. That's just the Golden Trio and the Weasley's. They like to be in everyone's business so of course they're interested in you." He said putting an arm around my shoulder to turn me back to our table.

I couldn't help but to look back one more time to see Harry's curious look. I then turn to look at Severus who was also looking at Harry then turned to look at me. He shook his head before turning to talk to the professor sitting next to him. I sighed and turned back to the conversation and I realized that Draco still had his arm around me which I shrugged off. He gave a little chuckle and looked at me, but I just rolled my eyes at him.

After talking with my new friends and eating a lot of food, we got up to go to our common room. I was walking with Draco when all of a sudden I got pulled to the side by someone. I noticed the scar on my wrist started burning and I looked up to see Harry who was holding his head before he let go of me. Then the burning stopped, and he seemed to be fine as well.

"What do you want?" I asked bluntly.

"Look, you're new here and for some reason I feel like I need to warn you. Stay away from Malfoy and his friends. They're bad company." He says, concerned.

"And why should I listen to you?"

"Just trust me okay. I don't know..." But before Harry could finish Draco comes up and grabs my arm pulling me behind him.

"What do you want Pottah?" He asked but Harry doesn't answer. "What, you have a crush on Haley or something?" he asked laughing then looked at me to see I was giving a disgusted face, causing him to laugh even more.

"Look, the face she's giving just shows she doesn't want to date you. Why don't you just leave us alone Pottah." Draco sneers at Harry.

Harry starts to walk past me but stops for a second to whisper, "Just take my advice okay." then walked away.

"Stupid Pottah." Draco says watching Harry. "Come on Haley, let's go." He walked me to the dungeons to go to the Slytherin common room.