Chapter 52

"Hey, Blaise told me you need to talk to me?" I asked Draco as I walked into our dorm.

What I saw really surprised me when I saw him packing one of his bags.

"What are you doing? What's going on?" I asked confused and concerned as to why he's packing his things.

"Don't worry darling." He said standing up from where he was crouched and came over. "My mother owled me saying that I need to go back to the manor as soon as I can."

"Okay, I'll pack up too then and join you." I started moving to also grab a bag to pack.

"You can't." I looked at him confused. "She specifically said that you need to stay here. She didn't say why, just that it'll be too dangerous if you do."

I sighed, not happy that I can't join. "Okay, I trust your mother's judgment. If she thinks it'll be too dangerous then I won't go with you."

"Really?" He looked at me surprised. "I thought you would have been more stubborn and try to fight more to come."

"Like I said, I trust your mothers judgment." I came up to him as he placed his hands on my hips pulling me to kiss the top of my head. "How long do you think you'll be gone for?"

"I have no idea, she didn't say anything else." He sighed. "I'll owl you as soon as I can though to let you know what's going on."

"Okay." I sighed, looking away from him.

"Hey, I'll be back before you know it. You should just spend the time while I'm gone with everyone in the room of requirement." I nodded my head not hating his idea.

"I love you." I looked back up to him.

"I love you too princess." He smiled leaning down, giving me a quick kiss.

Once the kiss was over I pulled him into a hug not wanting him to leave just yet.

"As much as I don't want to let you go, I need to get going and meet Snape to let me apparate out of here."

I sighed again and reluctantly let go of him. He grabbed his bag off the floor and walked over to the door as I followed with a glum look.

"Don't worry, I'll be back soon." He booped my nose before leaving me alone in our room.

~~~

With Draco gone and everyone else in classes, I didn't know what to do when I was skipping the Carrows classes other than hang out in Severus's office.

I'm currently sitting on the couch as he goes through whatever paperwork that's been keeping him occupied.

"Are you just going to sit around sulking the whole time Draco's gone?" Severus finally spoke, placing the parchment down. "He hasn't even been gone for a day."

"What else am I supposed to do?" I asked, standing up and moving over to his desk.

"I don't know, something more productive than sitting in my office being upset that your boyfriend isn't with you." He slightly jokes making me roll my eyes."

"Do you know why he was called back to the manor?" I leaned on his desk.

"All I know is what Narcissa wrote in the letter that he needed to go back to the manor as soon as possible and that you shouldn't join, that it could be too dangerous." He explained looking back at his paperwork.

I sighed slumping into the chair in front of the desk. As I sat there I started thinking about some things.

"Hey." I sat up, catching his attention again. Remember when Draco and I were playing chess here just after Christmas?"

"Yeah?" He looked up at me confused.

"He stayed behind to talk to you about something. What was it?" I asked never thinking to ask him before.

He smiled at me. "I can't tell you Hale's." He used my nickname.

"Oh come one Severus." I groaned.

"Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough."

"I hate you." I slumped back in the chair.

"No you don't." He chuckled a little going back to the parchment in his hands.

I rolled my eyes trying to figure out what to do now. It wasn't long before an owl flew through Severus' window.

We both looked up at it as I got excited seeing it's Draco's owl. The owl landed on the desk between us as Severus grabbed the letter from it. He examined it as the owl flew away.

"It's for you." He stated, handing it across the desk to me.

I smiled seeing my name written in Draco all too familiar handwriting. I wasted no time tearing the envelope open, happy to finally hear from him.

'My love,

I don't even know how to start telling you this. Harry was captured, why I got called back, to identify that it was really him since his face was all messed up. I can only assume that was Granger's doing with a stinging jinx. I was wanting to tell you right away but some things happened causing the delay. Don't worry, everyone's okay, they all escaped yesterday evening with the help of our old house-elf Dobby. They even managed to release some other prisoners I didn't even know we had, including your friend Luna. I don't know where they went but I can assure you they are all okay.

As for us though, they had managed to take mine and Bellatrix's wands. We're currently waiting for the Dark Lord to show up as I write this. I'm not sure what's going to happen once he shows up. Just know I love you."

Yours always,

Draco'

The last part started to bring tears to my eyes as I sat the letter down.

"You okay?" Severus asked when he looked at my face. "What did you he say?"

I handed the letter over to him trying to hold my tears back as he read it over.

"Don't worry Haley, I'm sure everything will be okay." He tried to reassure me, handing me the letter back.

"You don't know that." I said standing up while whipping me tears away.

"Where are you going?" He asked, also standing up, clearly concerned.

"I need to go tell Ginny and the others what happened." I explained walking to the doors.

"Don't do anything stupid Haley." He called after me as I closed the door.

I quickly descended the stairs and ran through the corridors as quickly as I could to get to the room of requirement. Classes should have been let out fifteen minutes ago so everyone would be back in there by now.

I ran through the big doors to see a lot of students gathered as I suspected.

"Ginny." I called out frantically.

Everyone moved out of the way as Ginny and Neville met me in the center of everyone.

"Haley? Are you okay? What's goin on?" She and Neville are clearly concerned.

I handed them the letter catching my breath real quick, and everyone quieted down to hear.

"The trio was captured at Malfoy Manor yesterday." I explained to everyone, gaining a few gasps. "They managed to escape though and are all okay, even got Luna out who was apparently held prisoner there."

Everyone cheered at this, happy to hear the news. Ginny and Neville looked at me sadly though having read the last part of the letter. They both pulled me into a hug knowing how I really feel.

"He'll be okay." Ginny whispered to me. "Don't worry too much Haley, you'll see him again soon."

Ginny squeezed me tightly as I still held back my tears. They pulled away to fully look at me and Ginny whipped the tears that had escaped against my will.

"If something was wrong you would know deep down." Neville said, making me feel better.

"Thank you guys." I smiled at them.