Chapter 12

It's finally Christmas. The days leading up to it was boring. Being the only one in Slytherin who stayed is nice getting the common room all to myself though. I don't know anyone from any of the other houses who stayed. I've just been sitting alone at the Slytherin table during meals.

I went to the common room to see a few presents under the small tree set up. This caught me by surprise because usually Severus just gives me the present from him himself. I go over to look at the presents to see them all addressed to me.

I picked up the first one to see it's from Hermione. I quickly unwrap it to see a muggle book and a note.

"Happy Christmas Haley,

We've talked about how you like to read and have wanted to read some books from the Muggle world. I thought I would help you out by giving you one of my favorites. Hope you like it.

From

Hermione."

I smiled at the book and flipped through a few pages before putting it aside. The next box I was scared to open when I saw it's from Fred and George. Knowing them they put a prank in the box or something. I slowly opened the lid when confetti busted out going everywhere. There's a lot of different kinds of candy and other sweets in the box with a note.

"Happy Christmas,

We didn't know what to get you so we thought why not a bunch of sweets for a really sweet girl.

Fred and George"

"The twins really are something." I said to myself out loud while laughing.

I saw two more presents under the tree and grabbed the one with the nice handwriting that I recognized as Draco's. I picked it up and unwrapped it to find a picture frame and a small black box with a note. I turned the frame over to see a moving picture of us that we took up in the astronomy tower one night when we snuck away after Severus had checked on me. In the box is a silver bracelet with a heart charm connected to it. The heart had an engraving on one of the sides. It has "DLM" engraved making me smile at Draco's initials.

I grab the note that reads;

"Happy Christmas love,

I hope you aren't missing me too much but in case you are just look at the picture of us. I also hope you like your new bracelet so you never forget your best friend. I'll see you again soon.

Love,

Draco."

I smiled as I read the note over again then put the bracelet on my left wrist.

I grabbed the last present and is surprised to see it's from Sirius. I quickly open it to find a purple photo album. I opened it to find a bunch of different pictures such as one of my parents holding Harry and I as babies. Then a picture of just my parents. A picture of Severus and my mom as kids. A picture of Sirius holding both Harry and I as babies. A few pictures of Severus and I as I was growing up that I had never seen before. And the last picture being one of Sirius and I that we took over the summer after one of the order meetings.

I smiled at all of the pictures loving to see them all when I noticed there were a few pages after all the pictures that are still blank, then a note fell out from one of the blank pages.

"Happy Christmas Kiddo,

I thought you would want some pictures of your parents and you and Snape. I threw in a few of us too. There's some blank pages that I thought you could add some more pictures of you and Harry when he can finally know who you are. Have a great holiday and stop by again sometime soon.