Chapter 57

The ringing in my ears faded as I started to notice the bright light not fading away. I slowly opened my eyes not sure what I was going to see as well as trying to get used to how bright everything is.

Once my eyes started to adjust I realized that I'm laying in an all too familiar room. I started to sit up as I noticed everything is exactly the same as the living room in Severus and I's home in Cokeworth, just all oddly white.

"What is this?" I asked out loud as I fully got to my feet, inspecting everything around me.

"Haley." I turned around not expecting anyone else to be there with me.

"Severus?" I looked at my adopted father surprised to see him sitting in a chair. "So does this mean I died?"

"In a way." He gestured for me to sit across from him which I took.

"I always knew you'd end up in hell. I just didn't think I would fucking end up joining you." I laughed trying to lighten the mood.

"Language." He growled out.

"English." I smirked, causing him to roll his eyes, but also smile.

"How long have you wanted to say that?" He asked me.

"Several years."

"Well I should have known that you weren't going to do our plan and end up with me." He sighed.

"Yeah, you really should have. So where are we actually?" I asked, looking around again.

"You tell me." He looked at me also wanting to know.

"I mean it's obviously our living room, I just can't figure out why." I told him. "And honestly I was kind of expecting to see my parents and Sirius and even Fred, not just you."

"I think I can answer that for you." He explained, causing me to sit forward intrigued. "It's the same reason you lived the first time Voldemort tried to kill you."

"Wait, so I'm not actually dead?" I looked at him confused.

"Well that's up to you." He vaguely said.

"What does that mean?" I asked. "The first time I survived is because my mom's love saved Harry and I, and we just lived, never died."

"But you guys were baby's, now you're older, and again you aren't exactly dead." He continued to explain. "More like in between life and death."

"But you said that it's for the same reason, if it was my mom's love the fir..." I then realized exactly what happened. "Your love saved me this time?"

He nodded his head yes with a small smile. "That's why you only see me and not everyone else. But it's your choice, you can either go upstairs to your room and move on to see everyone you miss. Or you can walk out the front door and go back to your boyfriend and brother."

"Can I have some time to think about it?" He looked at me surprised by this.

"Yeah, of course."

"I have to ask though." I leaned back into the chair. "Why did Voldemort kill you?"

"Because he thought the elder wand belonged to me since I killed Dumbledore so he killed me thinking it would then be his." He told me.

"But if it wasn't yours then who does it belong to?" I asked, thinking back to the night of Dumbledore's death trying to figure it out.

"It belonged to Draco." He explained. "He was the one who disarmed Dumbledore."

"But Harry disarmed Draco the other day at Malfoy Manor." I told him. "So does that mean the elder wand now belongs to Harry?"