Eisuke-thirteen

Carolina and Cole are taking some sights around the city today, dad went with them of course, and I didn't. I really don't want to see him, I get a feeling he's going to be pushy.

Going out to the hall, I spot a young couple in front of a hotel room door holding hands while the guy tapped a room card to the lock. And the woman was smiling happily.

That's sweet. Makes me wanna gag, but still sweet. I thought as I pass by them.

At first, I just wanted to take a stroll, but my legs carry me to the rooftop under subconsciousness. I put in my ear-buds and turn up the music. I'm not even gonna think about what I did in the penthouse elevator to him. 

I'm gonna love ya until you hate me. And I'm gonna show ya, what's really crazy.

You should've known better than to mess with me honey.

I'm gonna love ya, I'm gonna love ya, gonna love ya, gonna love ya. Like a Black Widow baby♪

(Black Widow-Iggy Azalea/Rita Ora)

I really like the rhythm of this song, it keeps my blood pumping. I sit down by the edge like I always did.

As I'm starting to move to the beat, I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. I've felt it so many times already there's no other than--I turn around to see--Ayden.

My face warmed up at the sight of him, and I swallowed while looking away, also refusing to take out my ear-buds.

Well too bad. Cuz he gently took them out for me. 

After a short period of silence with only the breeze to be heard, he sat down beside me and said while smiling: "Care to explain why you did that?"

Hesitation, then I shook my head, "There is no explaining, I just lost control, of everything."

He ruffled my hair, then pulled me in his arms. I feel my heart rate increase, but this is relaxing.

"D-don't you mind?" I say in a muffled voice through his jacket, "that I'm not giving any reason?"

My jaw dropped mentally at his reply, "No reasoning is necessary when I love you."

"You...?" I stumbled before he touches his lips to mine. It was just a soft touch, but filled with passion. This is so tempting. The next thing I know I flung my arms around his neck and flipped myself over.

Lips still together, I was on his lap and he held onto my waist and the back of my head. I'm starting to pant after a few seconds, so does he. I feel my hair get messy as his fingers run through them over and over again. Switching angels, I pushed his lips apart with my tongue. I pushed him down and neither of us let go.

None of us kept track of time and when we lay side by side on the ground, both of us panting slightly. He turned to me and we locked eyes, I can't look away even if I tried.

"Akemi, I love you. I really do." he said, gazing at me with clear eyes, I knew he meant that.

"Why? Because I'm beautiful?" I say and snuggled against him as he put an arm around me. When I was younger, when I still went to school like normal kids, a lot boys had said 'love' before, and they just say "I love you because you're beautiful", or "because you're gorgeous". Mostly because they were still just immature brats at the time.

Before I could think anything more, he replied while gently lifting my chin up, "You're beautiful because I love you."

I feel myself smile true-heartedly, and I let all my walls go down: "I love you, too...."

***

Eisuke's POV

When Akemi came in today, she's grinning ear-to-ear. I've never seen her this happy. We all exchanged looks, Baba and Ota were both smiling; Soryu, Mamoru and I remain expressionless. 

"It worked out?" Arian said in a whisper to her after she took her seat beside her, Akemi grinned and nodded. and they both smiled. What's worked out? 

Oh well, guess it's 'girl talk', hm? 

Despite thinking that, I was really curious, but it seemed out of my character to ask. I was hoping Ota or Baba might bring it up, but they never did. Those two were always talking, why the silent treatment when they're actually needed to talk?!

Hmmm...I guess this is how a father feels. 

Akemi's POV

....

What's a normal person supposed to do when they're rejecting someone?

I used to just say 'no' blankly at confessions, but how am I supposed to do that now? What do they do? Say it in front of them or just a text would do?

In the end, after about ten minutes of hesitation, I send Cole a text:

"Sorry, I do like someone else. Appreciate the thought." 

He almost immediately replied. I thought he looked sorta desperate, but he was pretty cool with it. Both of them are going back to Italy this afternoon.

~~

"I can't believe I'm leaving again! I'll miss you so much, Eisuke!" Carolina squealed at the airport.

Cole had avoided eye contact until now, at the entrance of security check, they won't be able to come out again when they pass here. He held out his hand, and I take it. When I'm about to apologize again, he spoke: "don't say you're sorry. You're worth the time."

A small grin stretched on his lips, "Thanks to you, I now know girls like you exist."

After they disappeared into the security check, dad let out a sigh of relief. Cole is a pretty good person, I'm sure he'll find someone soon.

~*~*~*~*

A few days passed just like that. 

Ayden and I are walking in the streets, hand-in-hand. I'm not gonna call it a 'date' since we're just taking a walk.

We passed by an animal shop, and I can see he's interested, so I pull him in with me. I watched silently as he walked by all the dog cages.

"Don't you like puppies?" he asked me questionably, motioning towards a few puppies in an area. 

"..." I reach out my hand a little towards a white one, and it started barking at me. I pout slightly. Animals always have a particular hatred in me.

"No way, animals love me!" Ayden said as he bent down to that puppy, and it jumped into his hands. I let out a little growl. Mom had always said dad's like this too. We like animals, but they hate us. 

"Animals can feel your aura," he said while patting the puppy, then he smirked, "maybe you're too scary."

I shot him a warning glare, half jokingly. 

We laughed and chatting along our way around the city, until two voices from in front and behind us called:

"Ayden?"

"Akemi?"

We stopped dead in our tracks. Tadashi Matsuura was in front of us, and dad was behind. 

Oh no. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Published: February, 2015

Edited: May 14. 2016