Baba-four

Nolan's PoV

I heard her walk away, while I take off the piece of cardboard paper she just stuck on my forehead.

Asher snatches it from my hand, then laughs and shows it to us, "look how ugly this is!"

Even Hanazawa cracked a smile at the bald bird-ish thing that was drawn on the red piece of cardboard paper. Though I didn't smile at all. But I'm also not pissed as hell as I thought I should be.

I turned back, of course, she was already gone. What was her name again? Even if she's new here, she should've heard plenty about us. The consequences of messing with me equals fricking hell.

"Hey there, Nolan!" I glance up to three girls smiling sickeningly at us.

"Can we sit with you guys?" another asks, already seating herself beside me.

"Get lost." I growled. I never get an end of supply of girls, why should I bother with these three when I'm not in a good mood?

Immediately, they scurried away.

"Your temper is seriously horrible." Hanazawa remarks, pushing up his glasses. Out of all three of us, he's the only one who's pure Japanese.

"Hana, our Nolan here just got pissed off by a random school girl." Asher says, hooking an arm around him. It pisses me off even more that every time he hits the bulls-eye despite his carefree attitude. He's more observant than one would think.

The conversation soon steers back to normal under Asher's lead.

Asher is half Japanese, half Scottish.

I'm half Italian, a quarter Japanese, and a quarter Irish.

I couldn't bring my mind off of that new girl whom I don't even know the name of.

Her aura strongly reminds me of someone. I shrug it off before I knew it.

That day, after I went home.

The maids greeted me at the front hall before scattering to do their work. I sigh when dad's not home again. He's probably at a business trip, seducing some woman along the way.

I went to my room and sat down in the chair, and put on a pair of earbuds. It was my daily routine.

Flash back

Nolan's PoV when he was seventeen

Dad threw me a party for my seventeenth birthday. Although I would trade away any gift if only mom could come back.

So...it's been ten years since mom passed away..? And six years since dad went back to being the player he was before he met mom.

What a boring ass party.... I thought. Most people here were dad's business partners. The only friends of mine were Asher and Hanazawa. One partying at the dance floor and the other sitting at the corner, reading.

Just then, out of the corner of my eye, I spot a flash of purple go by down the hall. But the party was held in the large living room.

I followed the figure down the hall.

It was when it came ghosting out of dad's office that I saw his—no her face. Her light brown hair was a bob cut while she wore a purple fish tail dress. Shock flew at her face first when she saw me just standing there, staring at the diamond necklace in her hand.

That necklace was nothing special nor overly expensive. Three months of my allowance can buy one of those.

She knows I already saw it, so she didn't bother to hide it. She just slipped it into her hand bag.