Mamoru-nine

*Don't forget to Vote*

Jayden's PoV

Kyoko's dad...is a detective?!?!

AND he's involved in a black market auction?!

I couldn't stop thinking about the incident as I ran down the street to Rin's bar to get the kid.

Nothing made sense. If he's supposed to be a good guy, why's he also the bad guy?

According to Director Sakai's tone while speaking, he seemed like a trustworthy, reliable and totally great detective. If I didn't know better.

Whatever. I'll see what I can find out later.

I remember the scheduled interview Rin gave to me that's at seven. I'll just get the kid back, and then come again for that.

I push open the double glass doors, just in time to see the little boy standing by a pot plant. He probably didn't work up the nerve to do anything else and just stood there.

A good choice, for his part.

At evening, the bar was already semi-crowded, I don't see Rin sitting at her usual spot.

"You alright? Nothing happened?" I kneeled to his eye level and checked his arms and legs for any scratches. Aside from some dust, he was A-okay.

He nodded with a brave smile although tear stains were obvious on his cheeks.

I returned his grin, "Great. Let's get you back."

When I stood up, my field of vision was just high enough to see a girl walking out from the back of the bar. Carrying a white guitar case.

Instantly, the rest of the world zoned out. All I could see was her. It's her.

Her appearance hasn't changed at all. Even her hair is still the same length.

She seems to be rushing to leave, her eyes focused on the ground before her, she doesn't see me.

When she finally looked up, our eyes locked. She nearly dropped her case at her abrupt stop, the ends of her hair swished back at how hard she jerked back.

Is she that surprised to see me?

I couldn't even say anything. What could I possibly say when I don't even know her name?

"Hoshimi, you left your water bottle." A familiar voice breaks into my world. The noisy and alcoholic atmosphere of the bar coming to my senses again. I glanced to the right to Rin holding a glass water bottle with shock written on her face.

So... her name is Hoshimi? Written with 'star' and 'beauty'?

"Y-You're not supposed to be here until seven...." Rin murmured. Oh. Now I get it. Hoshimi's performance probably ends at around six, she scheduled the time so I would miss her.

She lied to me.

"Jayden... you shouldn't be here." Hoshimi says, her voice ever so soft, and ever so cold.

"You know that I'm serious about you, right?" I finally manage to speak as I look into her eyes. She averted her gaze.

"I don't care... I already forgot all about you. There's nothing left between us, Jayden, you should go back to America. Your family is probably worried." She says again, then attempts to walk around me to the exit.

I stand firmly in her way. My bangs fell over my eyes, giving me an unusual serious look.

"Is that so?" I question, then took the water bottle Rin was holding and showed her, "then how come, you remember this?"