Baba-Seven

Nolan's PoV

"Good looks and money don't buy you everything, just so you know!" she shouted right in my face. The only thing I felt in myself was amusement as she tried to lecture me, but she had to look up since I'm six feet, and she's only about five foot six.

Sure it does, I have everything I want right now... except two....

"Ugh... just where is the exit of this place!" she muttered as she speeds around the mansion bare footed since she chucked her heels at me a few minutes ago. I follow easily, taking long strides.

Shouldn't she have very good sense of direction since she's a thief? 

"Seems like you have a bad sense of direction." I remark. She just glared at me over her shoulder.

She stopped dead at my next comment, "How do you find your way through the buildings you steal from, then? Do you like, heh, carry a map?"

I walked right up to her. When she turned around, she immediately took a step back.

"Wh-what're you--?"

"Cut the crap, Miki. I know everything." A smirk found its way on my lips as I look down at her flustered state.

She looked away, towards a certain direction. It was the door of the exact room she stole from two years ago, where the cheaper jewelry were kept.

Dad didn't even notice one of the gold necklaces were missing. The cost was nothing for us.

I frowned when she chose to spin around and go down the hallway. I didn't follow this time. Does she remember nothing of that night?

I let out a sigh, then dial a number on my phone to the gatekeeper: "open the gates for her after you hint her to the exit."

I watched and made sure she was forced back into the limo that drives her back to the school.

Miki's PoV

Jerk. Asshole. Self-centered freak.

I mumbled to myself the entire time from his mansion of a house to when I arrived at the hospital. I should pay the amount of money I have now, which is a bit more than a thousand, a bit is a bit.

The doctor, however, seems confused by my actions, "Miss Miki? What're you doing? Ms. Arian's hospital fees were completely paid yesterday."

What? Was the first thing that popped into mind. I quickly thanked the doctor and apologized in an embarrassed manner before walking away.

Mom was sleeping when I softly opened the hospital room. I left the 'get well soon' card I made for her on the bedside table, then tip-toed out.

Whoever paid for that much money...? Nothing made sense anymore.

Why do I feel like I'm always in the dark? Nolan knows that I'm a thief, but how? Not even the police force can get their finger on me. Baba's attitude towards me almost changed 180° for the past day and two. And now, some person paid the expensive load of hospital fees for mom.

Ah well. This Sunday, a politician is having an art gallery of his own possessions, which he got all solely from unclean ways. I'm sure people more than I knows this, but no proof has ever been collected of his dirty tactics.

That's why I'm just gonna steal his most prized artifact: Rose. It's an oil painting by the most famous painter in Japan's history, whom sadly only lived for twenty-nine years. Rose is one of the only three paintings he's ever made in his life.