Baba-Six

Nolan's PoV

"I only ever told you to scare her a little, never once was 'ripping her clothing' or fucking 'raping her' involved."

I say in a cold tone to the two shaking boys in front of me.

Asher told me what these two had taken advantage of my words of, he said they almost pushed her down to the ground. Strangely, I was more angered by that than I should be.

"W-We're really sorry!" they bowed again and again, which I find so pathetic. Both of them were the athletic group of the school, I thought they'd have more back bone than this.

"Leave," I say blankly. Faster than lightning, they dashed out of my door. I turned to the left and leaned against the wall, I stared at the private pool in front of me that belonged to this mansion of a house. I frowned as a small smirk formed on my lips.

That girl dared to challenge me...how could I disappoint?

I glance at the clock, it was eight pm. The auction should be staring in two hours.

~~~

I slide down my seat in boredom.

How frickin long is this damned auction? I have no interest whatsoever in olden antiques, unlike father, who's become a collector of famous china. Why'd he drag me here?

I adjusted the mask that's covering my eyes, it was extremely uncomfortable.

I scowled when I notice we were only half way through the entire thing. I looked to my right, father was staring at the item on stage with interest. What's so interesting about it?!

"Father, can I leave?" I ask impatiently. He glanced at me before nodding. It's convenient on how he doesn't ask too much.

I got out of my seat and walked to the back of the auction hall, but the doors don't open until the auctions were over. So basically, I'm trapped. Frickin great....

There must be another way out.... I follow a trail up to the side balconies, as soon as I do, I saw a speck of light pour out from opened elevator doors.

Mr. Baba walked out first, followed by a girl wearing a dress. Both were wearing the same mask I have on.

Baba's eyes scanned around and soon spot me, he smiled, "Hey, Nolan!"

His voice was quiet, but the girl beside him turned my way as well. She seemed weirdly familiar. Underneath the mask, I see her eyebrows raise in slight surprise.

I nodded back to Baba in greeting. Then set my eyes on the girl. Why do all women dress like they're going to a ball when they're just gonna be in a dark auction hall?

"This is Miki." Baba introduces. I took a good look at her. My eyes widen uncontrollably at the purple fish tail dress she's wearing. It looks...exactly like that one....

The image of the girl I only was with for an hour was glued into my mind for two years now, this was the exact same dress she wore.

My gaze then flew to her head. Exactly as I thought, that rare hair clip shone even under the dim lights of this hall.

"Sorry, Miki. Eisuke has some things to discuss, you can stay here for a bit. You can talk to Nolan about anything, he knows all about the auctions." With that, Baba left us alone.

"How long have you had that? Where'd you get that?" not wasting a second, I stepped closer to her. Her left hand flew up and touched the hat shaped hair clip.

"My mom made it for me...about ten years ago now." her voice was somehow triggering as we were just staring at each other.

I know I must recognize her from somewhere. I pulled down my mask: "who are you?"