Mamoru-five

Kyoko's PoV

"Nothing at all?" Takumori repeated with a slight frown.

I shook my head in confirmation, Jayden did the same.

"Then what took you so long at the back of the VIP floor?" Yoshiro questions. He better not mess this answer up.

"The party room leads to a hallway, which I think are guest rooms. I took some time there, but I found nothing." He says, his tone so natural I almost believed it.

"...Alright, then. Case closed." Takumori says after a minute, "Let's go back."

It was well into the afternoon as we drove back, with Jayden and me in the back seats.

I pretended I was on my phone when I was only texting Jayden. After a long time of thinking, he finally betrayed his conscience and agreed to my proposal. I'm positive I can find this girl he's looking for with not too much problem, but I need to take my sweet time until I can fully trust that he won't spill the secret. Since I'm obviously asking for more in this deal.

Though it might not seem so to him. He seems rather serious about this girl whom he doesn't even know the name of.

'Good act, keep it up and I'll repay you just as we agreed.' I sent to him. On our way out from the auction hall, we exchanged numbers for convenience reasons.

The text marked as read. I glanced at him, he was looking out the window distantly, having no intention of replying to that text.

'Delete them after you read the messages.' I sent again. Jeez, doesn't he know to destroy all evidence?

Kisaki and Baba blind folded me when they took me out of the auction hall, but I heard everything, and I remember the extremely long elevator ride. When the elevator arrived, I walked by the walls while holding onto it. I looked like I was just trying to gain my balance because I can't see, but I only felt glass surfaces under my fingers, and since such a secret room can't be made of transparent glass, it has to be a room of mirrors. When we got out of the room, I bumped into a counter, and felt a few glasses. It had to be a bar, and quite a small one too.

In conclusion, it wasn't all that hard to retrace my steps back to the auction hall.

I leaned onto the balcony railing and scanned the entire place. What the cops wouldn't give to find this.

As a detective, why would... dad cover for this? Why didn't mom report this place before she...ick, fell in love?

It's because of this superficial thing people call 'love' what made her cover for these wrong doings, isn't it? That's why she's caught up in every mess this auction has. And why now I ruined my life to cover for them.

Startled, I stuck myself to the wall when the elevator made a small ding as it arrived.

What's this wimpy kid doing here? I deadpanned when he showed the excitement of a child discovering candy land as he took in his surroundings.

He raised his camera. Just when he started to focus the lens, I covered it with my palm and forced him to it down.

Of course, like any normal person, his reaction to my own illegal actions was anger; but soon I got him to understand my side. It was rather easy, maybe he has someone whom he'd do anything for as well.

I snapped out of my thoughts when the car parked at the Academy's parking lot.

"We just need to take evening attendance, then we can go back to our dorms." Takumori says as he gets out of the car.