Mamoru - eight

*VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE*

~~

Yoshiro's PoV

I remember the conversation Jayden and I were having earlier this afternoon.

"You have a different look in your eyes when you talk about that girl. If Taku's can be described as 'crush', yours can probably be..."

I didn't finish my sentence then. But I knew what I was thinking.

Unrequited love.

Hey, you can't blame a guy's instinct.

There's a safe room behind the school building underground, us students are supposed to stay here while the staff of the school fend off the enemies. I know they're well-trained and all so I'm not worried.

Though I sure am more carefree than I should be at the moment.

"I can't find them anywhere." Taku comes back after he made a round through the room, "no one has seen them, either."

Jayden and Kyoko are nowhere to be found.

"He was in the dorm when I last saw him." My eyes widen in realization. He can't be trapped in the building, can he...?

Taku looked over at the exit. Two teachers posted there. There's no way we can get out. And we've been taught not to call them since if they're hiding from the enemy, a sudden ringtone giving away their positions will not be pretty.

"Dammit! No one's seen Kyoko!" I was startled when Takumori shouted. He has on the most discontented expression I've ever seen. I let out a breath. Lover boys....

"Calm down, if anyone can take care of herself, it's Kyo." I patted him on the shoulder.

Well, at least I hope she's alright.

Jayden's PoV

It seems that everyone's evacuated since I don't see any people rushing out of the building. I just need to know where they are.

Didn't the director tell me about some safe place when I first got in?

Damn, I really need to listen better.

Several police cars are parked at the east side of the school, where I assume the criminals are as well.

I set my sight on the Academy front door. I gasped when I saw a small child crawl out a gap between three fallen poles inside.

I looked both ways to make sure it's safe before running up to him. What's a child doing in a college?!

"You alright? You're safe now." I did a quick scan to make sure he wasn't bleeding, "Did you come out here all by yourself?"

"N-No... Onee-chan is in there.... She saved me."

What should I do....

"Jayden, is that you?" a familiar voice came from behind the blockage, "get that kid out of here right now!"

"Kyoko?! Are you trapped?" I put one hand on the pole, as if I could hear her better that way.

"Um. Technically speaking, yes. Just get that kid outta here. The teachers will come in no time."

Just then, two more gun shots were heard, it sounded closer than before. I'm surprised this child hasn't bursted out crying yet.

"Look, when we got to the main hall by the secret staircase the entrance was already blocked so I let him crawl out since he's small enough. Go find the others!" Her voice became more panicked as I can tell she's constantly looking behind her now.