Ota-fourteen

Lunch bell rings. 

They're annoying, the gang of guys outside the classroom. I feel really annoyed today. But I can't just shoo them all away, I have an image to maintain. I don't even feel like eating at all right now.

I feel like I'd rather go to--the place I've never even set foot in--the cafeteria today. 

Beau's PoV

"What's up with your mood swings lately?" Yuuta asked with concern in his usual casual tone, he then mumbled, "You on your man period or something?" 

"Yeah. Last time you were chucking food down your throat, but today you're hardly eating anything." Ryou added, ignoring Yuuta's comment. I played with my fork in my cup of mashed potato. My shoulders drop. I can't believe this.... Misaki is giving me such a huge effect on everything.

Then, the entrance suddenly became twice as noisy as it was. All three of us look up from our table.

"Misaki Kisaki?! What's she doing here?! In the cafeteria?!" Yuuta shouted first before I could even realize what's going on in the huge crowd.

"Seriously, Miu? I know a place that's a million times better than the school cafeteria!" I heard one of the guys who are surrounding her say. She's eating here today? 

"No, sorry, but really. I'm alright." she says, trying to avoid them.

"But you won't even have anywhere to sit! Do you even know where to get the food?" another one asked. I guess he's right. Misaki looked a bit lost, fidgeting her fingers. 

I've never even seen her anywhere near the cafeteria door before. A feeling of lightness spread through me so quickly at the fact that she isn't going with some other guy today.

"Hey, Misaki! Sit with us!" I blurted out without thinking, the two boys looked at me in shock, this was always Ryou's, Yuuta's and my table. 

She looked startled for an instant, but her quick reflexes immediately covered for her and she skipped over, seated right beside me on the two-sided bench. With Ryou and Yuuta across from us. 

All the other boys left with sighs or shrugs. She let out a breath, "thanks for saving me back there."

"What're you doing here, Misaki?" Yuuta aske, his jaw still open. She gave him a glare and corrected, "Miu."

He puts his hands up in surrender. "How come it's okay when Beau says it?"

"Because he's him, and you're you." she says and picks up one of my french fries. 

That wasn't a reason at all, but she really is only okay with it when I call her by her name. I know this is stupid, but a clear feeling spread through me knowing that I have some sort of special treatment. A grin was getting harder and harder to keep in.

"Why are you here?" once again, Ryou saved my butt. He really knows how to talk. 

She shrugged. Completely avoiding the question. In fact, she threw a question back at me, "where's Nathalie?"

"Huh?" the sudden mention of her swept me off, "she's probably at her grandma's. Why?"

"You two just seem... too close to be childhood friends...." she says as her cheeks tint the faintest shade of pink. 

Is she...jealous?

"You haven't met people in Paris, they're way more open than Japanese." I leaned in just a little bit closer, and she didn't look away.