Mamoru-two

*REMEMBER TO VOTE*

Kyoko's PoV

I squinted and tried my best to see anything, anything at all that could be useful to us. But it was no use, the bright spot light kept me blinded to my surroundings.

"Ugh, waste of effort." I shifted over the chains connected to my handcuffs and lied down sideways. If I had a minute I might be able to pick the lock on this thing....

"10 million from no. 7!"

The voice of I assume the auctioneer rings through the hall. Well the least I can conclude is that this hall seems pretty large.

Dang it, even if that phony guy before tried to knock me out, I still could've pretended to be and know the way to the auction. If this is, when someone brings me out...I should remember the route from there.

"25 million from seat number 100!"

From the many times mom told me her love story, I'm sure dad's seat number was a hundred.

Eh, why does that matter.

"Sold to seat no. 100 for 25 million yen!"

The bird cage I was kept in was pulled to the back of the stage.

I laid lazily until someone opened the gate and opened my handcuffs.

I follow two masked people up two elevators to the penthouse floor.

As soon as I enter the lounge, I sit down crossed-legged on the ground.

"Uh..?" the guy in the top hat was obviously surprised as he took off his mask.

"What's a kid like you doing in the auctions?" a guy who seems unfazed by my behavior says with his arms crossed. I glanced up to a man with black sapphire hair sitting at the furthest couch.

"I..." I didn't know how to answer. What should I say?

Just as I was pondering on what to do, the man I saw before in the lobby walked up. He dropped a yellow folder on the long sofa beside a man with dark brown hair, who opened the folder and read off it.

"Kyoko Kishi...?"

Everyone else in the room looked at me with such wide eyes all I could do was lift up a peace sign beside my face.

"Who's your mother?" the blondie behind me asks right away.

Alright, I am stuck in a lounge full of weirdos.

"Her name is Arian.... That question is not random at all...." I mumble under my breath. I realize even the guy at the back smoking a cigarette stopped dead in his business.

"...What about your father?" The guy in the top hat asked with a rather serious face.

"You tell me!" I grumbled at him, slightly angry that he's bringing up that man who abandoned mom when she needed him the most. I only reason why I had a thought of searching for him was to see what kind of rotten person he was.

"It's not that hard to." The man reading the folder puts it down.

"Excuse me?" I said in a shushed yet clear voice I only used when I'm upset.

"You see." The man in the top hat sat down beside me, who does he take me for? A little kid that needs comforting? "It isn't that hard to put together when you have the same appearance, surname and attitude."

I was about to question him when a ringing tone broke through the atmosphere.

Mamoru's PoV