Ota-ten

We seriously need to talk. I want to say to her. I want to ask her if she's really seeing Katashi. I want to ask if she feels uncomfortable around me. But I didn't. What's stopping me? Fear. She'll have three reactions: 

Admit and say coldly that it's none of my business

Deny half-heartedly and joke about it

Deny harshly and question me 

My mind was like an endless spiderweb, one thought connected to another. 

"Do you do this a lot?" at last, she spoke up first, "teaching girls how to play violins with that much...physical contact?"

"Of course not!" I said, a little louder than I intend to, "what kind of person do you think I am? I only--" I was about to say do this to someone I love, but quickly stopped, "what about you? Are you seeing anyone?" 

I successfully changed the subject since she replied:

"No, as usual, no." she shook and head, "why? You know I don't feel anything for any of them."

"It's just that, you were eyeing Katashi and agreed rather enthusiastically when he asked you out." I burst out without a thought. But regretted it after she states that she doesn't even know the guy's name. Shit. Now it makes me look desperate. 

I can't let her know I love her no matter what. 

Misaki's PoV

"Oh yeah, those two buddies of yours aren't with you today?" I suddenly remember the two boys I first met in this very classroom. 

"No, I asked them to leave us alone today." he smirked. Good, the usual collected-and-a-bit-flirty Beau is back. That mischievous grin explains it all. 

"So...can you..?" I picked up the violin a little awkwardly, I do have a slight interest in strings and now that I know he doesn't do this all the time, this can be fun.

"Sure." he chuckled. I'm glad he didn't press the topic on. As soon as I settle on the chin rest, his arms snaked around just like before and held the bow over my hand.

"You could totally be a pianist with those slender fingers." Beau commented. 

A few hours later, after my attempts at screeching and violin and us laughing our heads off, we're strolling down the streets. He's walking me back to the dorms--which I now do not live in but can't tell him that I don't since I'm supposed to be. 

"And um, what's your mother's name again..?" he asked attentively out of the blue as we're at the front step of the dorm. 

"Arian. Why?" I reply and his eyes widen before he mumbles, "I've heard from my dad that Mr. Kisaki's seeing his former girlfriend, her name is also Arian."

I tried to laugh it off, and it seemed to work, "there are tons of Arians' in the world." 

He shrugged and his serious expression disappeared, replacing it was a charming smile.

"See you tomorrow, love." I shook my head as he waved off using his usual flirtatious tone. He jokes so much. I don't think I'll be able to tell when he's serious or not.

As soon as he was out of sight, I flew down the steps and head towards the hotel, I haven't seen Ota for like, a day, since he disappeared at about this time yesterday.

Well, my life seems to never be on a safe, predictable track as of now. Since as soon as I got to the boardwalk in front of the hotel, I see a familiar silhouette.