Mamoru-three

Thank you for the 100k reads!!! *please don't forget to vote*

I love how you guys knew that guy was the love interest without me saying anything <3 XDD

Kyoko's PoV

"You're alright!" Yoshiro shouted in my ear, "two more minutes and we would've barged in there to find you!"

As soon as I descended down the main steps of the hotel, the two idiots ran up to me.

"What happened? Are you harmed in any way?" Takumori asks as he opens the back seat door for me.

"No." I decide to hide certain things from them, "It just took me a while around and I dropped my ear piece, sorry for worrying you."

"That's good." Takumori says quietly as he started the engine.

"Anything suspicious at all?" Yoshiro asks as he took out a note pad. I assume his instincts told him something was up. For a guy who failed most of his written tests, he relies solely on his intuition.

"Actually, no." I lean my head against the window in exhaustion, "For the few hours I stayed, the IVC was a completely normal fancy party. There wasn't anything even close to said auction."

"...If you say so." After a pause, he stuffs the notepad back into his bag.

The drive became silent, I can tell they're both thinking. As per our friendship, they don't want to doubt me, but as the mission itself, they have the right to suspect me. Now I also need to do something about the other groups who're researching on Tres Spades.

"Oh by the way!" Yoshiro suddenly piped up, as if all the thinking has hurt his brain, "we met a pretty interesting guy at a café while we waited for you. He's also part of the Academy, if we're lucky we can see him tomorrow."

I proceed with the subject and mostly Yoshiro talked until we parked in the school parking lot.

"I'm beat. Good night!" I stretched my arms out as I head to the girls' dormitory. You know what, it's their business if they find out about the auctions. Whatever, I don't care anymore.

The next morning, at 7am, I drag myself out of bed like I do every day.

The Academy's rules are strict, all trainers must get to the auditorium by 7:30am. That is just brutal.

I changed into my uniform and head downstairs. There, I met up with Takumori. Moments later, a messy Yoshiro rushed in. His tie wasn't tied and his shoe laces were untied, his hair looks like a bird nest.

"Made it!"

There was still ten minutes. He must've read his watch wrong. This air head. I rolled my eyes and walked away.

There was a small room at the back corner of the auditorium, all of us had an interview there. Right now, it seems like someone's undergoing the same thing.

I peek into the large window on the door. There sat a boy with light brown, almost ginger hair.

That's strange, why's he in this room when he already has the Academy uniform on?

"Since you're from overseas, you'll be split into a different dormitory." The strict female instructor sitting across from him says. Literally every single student is afraid of her, I've never saw her show any signs of a smile.

"What...but my origin is Japanese. I just lived in America." The guy looked my age, since his back was to me, I couldn't see his expression.

The female instructor didn't even look up at him, "No chance. That will be $350 a month, starting this month."