{Spin-off} His Love Story: Asher

He has got to be my favourite non-love interest guy in this book xD

enjoooyyyy~

--------

Asher's PoV

"Hypocrite," I said out loud, though no one minded me.

My older brother, Ashton, was holding one of his annual business parties in our house, and I had no choice but to attend since I'm technically blood-related to him.

All articles described him as 'a successful businessman and the perfect husband material', yet I would describe him as the hypocrite who has always been my worst bully ever since birth. I'm pretty sure he tried to kill me when I was a baby.

When I was two, he tried to convince me that jumping out of our apartment window was like riding a rollercoaster and it'd be fun. We lived on the 11th floor, by the way. School with him was a nightmare, he constantly purposely got me in trouble. Teachers loved him because he got better grades than I did and was always nice and obedient in front of them. The same reason why our parents never listened to me.

I guess he decided I wasn't gonna die anytime soon, so he stopped all his advances and just pretended like I was air starting fourth grade. I hadn't spoken a word to him since then. I mean, he's five years older than me, there really wasn't much to talk about in the first place.

Alright, I'm pretty sure I made an appearance with all the guests. I can leave now.

On my way to the front door, I caught Ashton's eye. He was about to say something, but I simply spared him a blank glare before slamming the door shut behind me. I wasn't going to listen to any bullcrap he had to say when he kept quiet for nearly ten years.

Let's see, I'm pretty sure Nolan isn't doing anything today. Or he might be on a date with Miki... should I go be the third wheel and piss him off? Yup!

Miki liked to take pictures during their dates and immediately post them on social media, so it wasn't hard at all to find a photo of today with the background of a nearby cinema that I often went to with girls I didn't even know the names of.

I leaned by the front door, waiting for them so I wouldn't be so bored out of my mind. Several girls spared glances at me while they passed by, but none of them approached me, which was a good thing. I really didn't feel like dealing with random people today.

I scanned the hall, then a girl caught my attention, much to my surprise. I narrowed my eyes. She had such thick makeup on. It was as if she purposely did it to piss someone off. She had smokey eyeshadow on and thick red lipstick, her hair was also curled.

I inwardly snorted. This was a little ridiculous. She seemed to be alone, but she had a large-sized popcorn bag in hand. She looked visibly upset and sighed from time to time. Looks like someone else was in the same shoes as I am, except that she's much worse at hiding her emotions than me.

She's trying to appear rebellious, yet she's so expressive it gave it all away. What's she experiencing that made her go out of her way to be someone she's not?

Meh. Whatever it is, it has nothing to do with me.

"There they are," I spoke to myself while I push off the wall and head towards the lovebirds. I silently cleared my throat, then chased the clouds away from my mind and cleared my eyes. I beamed a smile as I waved at them.

I hung around them, annoying the hell outta Nolan until it was time for dinner.

"I think it's about time I leave now and not disturb the two of you," I finally said, and I was pretty sure I saw Nolan mouth 'Hallelujah! Get the fuck outta here already, Asher!'