{Spin-off} High School Story: Miki

Lots of ppl were disappointed that Miki wasn't flirty like Baba in her main story. The reason was explained in the epilogue, but I'm as disappointed as y'all lol it'd be fun to see the girl going out there for a change. (since voltage MCs are always shy and useless)

This is set in her first and second years of high school~ (when she was 15 years old and before her mom fell sick)

Enjoooooyyyy

------------

Miki's PoV

I scrolled through my phone and liked a video of our cheer routine that one of the girls posted. 

I glanced at the cheerleader uniform in my bag. Becoming cheer captain when I'm only in my second year was like a dream come true.

"Ms. Miki! Are you looking at your phone again?!"

"Of course not," I said, smiling sweetly. I tucked my phone into my pencil case and got a pen. "See? I was looking for a pen to take notes."

"Good." My math teacher was successfully fooled and turned back to the board.

After school, just when I finished changing into my cheer uniform and walked out of the locker room, someone was waiting for me at the door. His face brightened up as soon as he saw me.

"Miki."

"Yes~?" I responded in the most indirect tone ever. He was Kyle, the captain of the basketball team, six foot one at the age of seventeen and had a totally dreamy smile.

He reached out and gently combed my long hair through his fingers. Then, without a word, he moved his palm to the back my head and leaned down. He wasn't much of a talker, and I loved that. I tiptoed and met his lips half-way.

There was one male cheerleader on our team, Caden. He was a timid boy. It made me want to guide him out of his shell. He should have more confidence in himself, honestly! He was smart and athletic; what girl didn't like that?

At the end of a practice routine, I landed square in his arms. He looked away when we made eye contact. 

I chuckled. "You don't have to get shy, even though you're really cute when you blush."

The tips of his ears grew red. I used this opportunity and wrapped my arm around his neck. "Careful! Don't drop me!"

"I-I-I'm so s-sorry, Captain!" He stuttered, then shakily let me down. 

I grinned, then leaned towards him and whispered, "Call me Miki."

He was left a blushing mess while I skipped to the change rooms with the rest of the girls. 

"Mikiiiiiii, this isn't fair! If you keep hoarding all the school's cute guys to yourself, how can we compete?" A girl who is the same age as me clung to my arm and swung it back and forth.

"I joined the cheer squad cuz I heard the boys of the sports teams would pay attention to cheerleaders. Who knew the team captain would take all of the spotlights?" A senior girl grinned teasingly at me.

"You're gonna end up having the world's first real-life reverse harem, Miki!"

"Personally, I ship you with Kyle. He's never even spared a glance at other girls!"

The girls chatted away while I laughed. I considered them all my sisters.

As soon as I got home, though, all the feelings of liveliness vanished. My house was so empty; so lonesome. Mom always worked late. I was always alone. I called some of my friends, hoping that any of them would be willing to hang out, but everyone was busy studying for upcoming tests. I was the only one who didn't care.