Ota-five

Beau's PoV
"I don't know what you find so attractive in that girl." I say to one of my buddies, Yuuta. He's eyeing that girl in the classroom next to ours again.

Ryou, Yuuta and I are having lunch at the same table in the cafeteria.

"Speakin' of girls, the hottest girl in school has a date with Naoki this night! He told me." Ryou says. I knew he meant Misaki Kisaki in the dramatic and visual arts department. This wasn't news at all. She goes on dates with five different guys in four days. Definitely not MY type.

The next morning, I was told to show four new students their classrooms. Actually, I was assigned to show them by the girls, themselves. And they're exactly the type I hate, chatty and won't leave you alone. Like, 'look at my new manicure!' and 'do you like these extensions, Beau?'.

I walk down the hallway. Then, I saw her. Misaki. I thought as I see her down at the other side of the hallway, standing in front of a classroom door, her finger under some guy's chin. He was mesmerized, but she was obviously just teasing.

When I walk past her, I notice she took a glance at me. Oh god. She's a total bad girl, but my heart skipped a beat.

The next day, she delivered a folder to our classroom. When she turned on her heels, swinging her wavy hair over her shoulder, I can almost see some of the guys nose bleeding. Seriously? The gears in my mind turned and turned, but I can't figure it out. I stared at her retrieving figure.

I dislike her attitude. But I find it impossible to hate her, herself.

"She broke up with him." Yuuta told me the next day. I sigh, not expecting anything more. He then said: "I've heard about this before, but she never kisses. Nor let anybody touch her, not even her hand."

For some reason, I felt relieved when I heard that. Maybe she isn't what she seems. Hmm...I think I like her.... Yeah, love is actually really easy. Should I tell her? We could just be friends, I just want to know more about her.

When I heard the drama class would be coming for piano sound effect. I had an idea.

Perfect. I thought as Misaki walked my way off 'stage'. Ryou, who has his seat in front of me, tripped her skillfully--everybody has their skills--and I reach out and caught her. I feel my heart instantly hammering. She was warm and has a sweet scent. Very family-like scent. When she looked up, those honey eyes were big and puzzled.

"Whoa, Beau! Why'd you always get the pretty girls?" someone from behind's voice rocked me to realization and I try not to sound too desperate. It probably came off as rude, though....

After she walked away, Ryou turned back and we fist-bumped. "Not your smoothest, but pretty good." he said. I just wanted her to notice me. And I'm pretty sure I left a solid first impression.

That evening, I was taking my daily run around the neighbourhood when I spot her in the park, on a swing, so I joined her.

"But you went on two dinners together. Those are dates, aren't they?" I say shocked.
"..you either have fun or lust on a date." I grinned at her reply. I somehow find her 'principle' amusing. You're funny you know that? And you can also have love. I thought and unconsciously mouthed.

~~

After school, Ryou, Yuuta and I stayed in the music room, as always.

"So, where are you?" Yuuta suddenly asked. I gave him a confused glance and he added: "where are you with that hot girl?"

"She has a name." I felt strangely irritated at how Yuuta addressed her. "And, nowhere. Good news? I think she remembered my name."

"Y'know she's gonna sing during the festival." Ryou said. I nod. We all heard her name during the announcements. Somehow I look forward to that. I heard from a lot from people that she's a gifted artist and actress, but no one has heard her sing or even hum before.

I randomly played a piece on the piano after school ended for half an hour. I took piano lessons since I was four. I stopped in the middle of the piece and walked towards the door, hearing tapping. Although I expected someone to be there, I was still caught off guard when Misaki fell towards me as soon as I flung open the door. Her sweet aroma tickled my sense of smell again. I found it really cute when she blushed.

She spoke in such a small voice I can hardly believe it's the same person, I went back to the piano and played that piece again. She looked enchanted as she waved herself to the beat. I really did thought she would shut me down when I asked for a 'reward', I actually didn't mind playing for her at all.

Huh? What? Didn't Yuuta say she doesn't make physical contact? She landed a peck on my right cheek, then I hit the next thought down harshly: does that make me special?

I was almost going to show a flustered expression till Ryou noticed and totally saved my butt by driving her attention to the festival.

She's...tone deaf. I thought. I try to think of something light to laugh it off, when I saw her look down and bite her lip, I know it's a big deal for her. Now's not the time to be laughing things off.
"Thanks, Beau. You played beautifully." she smiled at me before dashing out.

My heart skipped a full three beats. She said my name for the first time; she complimented me; she had a very true smile for me....

"...hello? Earth to Beau?"
Been snapped to reality, I glare at Yuuta, I was perfectly fine and happy in my imaginary dreamy world.

"Why's she leaving in such a hurry?" Ryou asked casually.
"She has another 'dinner date' with some dude." Yuuta said as he put air quotes for 'dinner date'.

My expression instantly cloud over as I become gloomy, "I'm leaving."

Ryou and Yuuta both had confused expressions on their faces, "What? It's not even seven yet."

"Yeah, you always stay till eight." Yuuta said as he got up as well.

I didn't say anything as I walk out of the school building, leaving the other two behind. I stopped for the longest time in the middle of the sidewalk. A small sigh left my lips.

I need to help her. No, I Am helping her on my own will.

Misaki's PoV

"Hey, Miu. How're things?"

Mom said on the other end of the phone. She's on speaker and I'm in the lounge with the other guys, just for them to make sure I'm not slipping anything out.

"Great! I just had the best meal ever two days ago." I say casually. I heard mom sigh a little, I can almost picture her shaking her head, "you're...nevermind. Where are you right now?"

"Just at the boardwalk." I lie. Honestly I don't feel bad, I'm not tricking anybody, "Y'know, that famous hotel in front of it?"

"...Yeah...." her voice sounded really distant for a whole minute before she said, "okay, be safe and I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Actually I can't, we have a school festival..." I explain my situation.

After I hang up, "I'm going to bed, okay?" I say as I get up and walk back to the suite.

Ota's PoV
My head was pounding the entire time of Miu's phone call. Why? That voice.... Her mother's voice reminds me of too much I can handle. Baba notices and pats me on the back while I hold my head in my right hand. Miu doesn't seem to notice, though. She can be so dense, just like...!

Stop, stop, stop...

"...That voice sound familiar to you, Kisaki?" Mamoru asked, surprisingly, after Miu danced back into the suites.

Arian's PoV
I hang up the phone and sighed. Miu's lying. She really is an amazing actor but a mother can always tell. I immediately tracked down her phone and found her right in the Tres Spades building. My heart thumped. What should I do...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited: May 19, 2016

Instagram - seika_akashi