Soryu-Eleven

Daryl's PoV

I watched as Yui took a seat on one of the picnic benches, while the other three were peering into a huge tank of sea turtles in the aquarium.

I had to follow her here, if it's hard to understand, just think 'stalking'.

Thinking on how to approach her, I spot a smoothie shop.

Remembering her favourite flavour like the back of my hand for some reason, I set a cup of iced smoothie on the table in front of her. She shot up to me, I took a seat next to her.

"You again?" she tilts her head, though her voice doesn't sound as annoyed as she may want it to be. "What're you? Stalking me?" she asked before taking a sip of the cold smoothie, "What're you even doing here?"

Randomly, I nod my head towards a couple at the front, making up a lie.

"...I took on basically everything from my father." She rambled out. My eyes couldn't help but glance in Soryu Oh's direction. She seems frustrated at him. Her fingers were somewhat clenching onto the cup while frowning slightly.

"Oh?" Just as I said that, she turned to me, it was like a glance, except that she never looked away for some time.

"Well, what about your parents?" she asked, nonchalant. I felt shock run through me that someone would actually ask that. Mom was killed when I was only six years old, and my father had always been devoted to the Golden Phoenix ever since he became leader. So I guess I had no love. Mother was more gentle and soothing, even though she had mafia background as well, their marriage was arranged for the benefit of two high-ranked families.

Father never even called me by my given name. It was always just 'son'. To me, it was like I was just another one of his soldiers, except having to share a house with him.

It was when she said she needed to leave that I finally snapped out. I need to stay in character.

"I'll see you at the bar tonight." I repeat my previous text and grinned at her. A small smile tugged at her lips even though she tried to look annoyed. I can tell I'm getting closer to her by the times we spend time together.

A few minutes after, I finish my coffee and go back to the headquarters to check if I had anything to do for the time being.

But as soon as I step in the door, though...

"Ah there you finally are! Slacking off, weren't you?!" father shouted at me sternly, then, someone walked out from a guest room. 

"Darren is here! Isn't that just splendid?" Dad walked over and gave him a fatherly hug, one that I've never received, ever.

Darren Naire is one of my first cousins, we share the same surname.

He's a buff guy with no brain. Yes, that's why he comes to father's liking, he's violent, does things the straight way, and always stuck to punching and/or kicking stuff.

"Daryl! So nice to see you again!" the guy himself doesn't seem like a bad person at first glance, but his beliefs are beyond moral.

I mean, I'm built, but not buff like him. He probably lifts weights and does push ups in the gym all day. Nope, not me. I have classes of education on top of my training.

"Now, Darren," father sat him down on the sofa with him, leaving no space for me, "tell me about your recent take down of the leader of those dogs!"

In 'dogs' he meant another weaker mafia group that was just rising. He likes to destroy enemies just as they're hatching.

Just like that, Darren went on and on about his moves, and how he took down—when I say 'take down' I mean killed, in whatever way—their leader without much effort.