Eisuke - Four

Eisuke's POV

I heard the door open and turned to see Akemi walking in, seeming to be thinking about something.

"Where were you?" Arian asked.

That was it. In an instant shorter than a second, a shy smile flashed across her face. It was the first time I saw her smile. It was gentle and beautiful, why doesn't she smile more? I think. But I guess I could say the same thing to myself, around familiar people, I'm always cold and piercing.

But her expression quickly returned, as if remembering there were others here.

Akemi's POV

I felt eyes on me. I turn and caught Eisuke's. He had a much gentler expression than when we first met. I feel myself relax a little. This feels...cordial. I shake off the feeling and turn towards mom, "how'd you find me here? Do you know these weird people?"

"I tracked down your phone," she says gently, "we're old friends, and...um..."

She started talking about something, but stumbled. I don't have a long blob of patience so I interrupted and sighed, "by the way, the school sent me an assignment to spend time with my father. I mean, how am I supposed to do that?"

She seems pleasantly shocked, then smiled, "Why don't you go with Eisuke?"

Eisuke and I frowned simultaneously and we both questioned, "What?"

How am I supposed to get a father-daughter experience with this jerk? I thought as we glance at each other. He had a more troubled expression than annoyed.

"It's perfect! You can go out right now." mom winked and pushed us out.

~~
"So, what do you like to do?" he asked me awkwardly.

We're walking along the streets. With women all around casting glances at us.

"Nothing in particular, I'm often on my laptop or phone," I reply.

"Hey, isn't that Eisuke Ichinomiya?" I hear one say. Did she say Ichinomiya? I blink a couple of times. After that, some women start glaring at me, if I caught their eyes, I glared right back. Causing them to flinch themselves.

Suddenly, both of us stop at sight of a technology store. We eyed each other, then walked in at the same pace.
Cool, the new brand...! I run my fingers across the new laptop carefully. I open it and check out the functions and new features. I feel the edges of my lips curl up wildly. This is my stuff, man.

When I finally shut it down, I look down in pity. It's way too expensive for me to get.

"You want that?" Eisuke asked behind me. 

I nodded slowly and sighed, "Yeah, but we can go now. I can't afford something like this." He went over to the front counter and picked up a laptop case with the laptop inside it. My mouth opened. I glanced from the case to him, and back.

"I bought it while you were looking at the sample," he explains. "now are you taking it or not?"
I take the case. I felt myself grin brilliantly, "thank you so much!"
This day's starting to get fun. I think as I hum a song while walking back to the hotel.

"Try these on." Eisuke tells me. He held out a bunch of dresses that were indeed tasteful for girls my age. However, my aura has never resembled that of a normal teen girl.

I looked over them quickly, "These won't suit me." I stated bluntly and searched the store, and picked out a blue gown. It was tight till my knees and flurries down like a bloomed flower below that all the way down to my feet. A very nicely designed fish tail, if I do say so myself.

I spin in front of Eisuke, he was clearly shocked as his eyes widen, "we have similar tastes...." he mumbled.

He picked out matching sapphire earrings and hair accessories. I let my silky hair down, a small braid holding together my bangs, the rest down, reaching to my hips.
After putting on some light make-up, we head down. The elevator door opens to the casino.

"You learn fast," Eisuke commented when we started playing games. I smirked in response.

"Six," I say, rolling out the dice, "and I win, again."

"You're really good," a middle-aged woman said in surprise. 

"You're no more than eighteen, are you?" another elderly man asked.

I don't say anything to them, I turn to Eisuke and requested, "fresh air." He nodded and I head out.

Eisuke's POV

Right after Akemi walked out, men and women start firing questions to me.

"Who was that, Mr. Ichinomiya?" a woman asks anxiously.
"Is she some sort of niece of yours? A relative's kid?" Another man added.
"You seem pretty close to her." A young woman says bitterly.

"She's my daughter," I state. That one sentence blocked away all of their questions. Almost everyone in the casino gasps. "She doesn't know it yet, so don't go slipping your mouth." I warned them.

Akemi's POV
The casino dripped in the smell of alcohol. I hated that smell. It's so bitter, maybe I'm just not old enough.

Just when I was finding my way to the elevator, someone tapped me on the shoulder. I immediately spun around the grabbed that person's hand.

"Ow! Damn, you're really strong!" A familiar mob of dark hair and green eyes flashed before me.
"Huh?" I say as I unconsciously let go of Ayden's hand. What is this guy doing here?

"Whoa," then he looked at me up and down, "you're looking gorgeous...." he murmured.
I open my mouth and search my head for his name. I've met way too many people, names slip through my mind really quickly. 

As if sensing my trouble, he said, "It's Ayden." I nod once. 

"I was just wandering around when I saw you, Akemi." he says. Then he shows me the way to the elevator and presses the button. "Need me to go up with you?" he asked. I'm still not familiar with the place, so why not, "Yeah, thanks."

We headed down the gigantic front lobby of the hotel, and I asked suddenly, "Who are you?"

He hesitated for a minute, then smiled wryly, "what about you?"

He's trying to avoid the question. I think and I replied, "I won't say anything if you don't."

He hesitates for a moment, then mumbles, "I'm 18, and I just work part time in the... I mean, here."

I was going to say something when I heard Eisuke calling for me.

"Oh, I gotta go. I'll see you soon." is all he says and he ran off. I turn around and Eisuke just came around from a corner.

"I'm surprised you found your way all the way up here." he says on our way back to the penthouse. 

"I had some help from an employee." I say as we enter the lounge.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited: May 14, 2016

Instagram - seika_akashi