Soryu-nine

Yui's PoV

The next morning, I sat on the lounge couch, doing stuff for my online classes.

Ichinomiya's on the couch on the far right, when I'm on the far left; Baba and Ota are talking about something on the sofa in between; Soryu's probably at the Ice Dragons headquarters.

When I shut down the laptop, Ota and Baba were staring at me, curiosity shown in their eyes.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing. You just really look like..." Ota trailed off, not finishing his sentence. I know what he's going to say. I glance at Mamoru, who was smoking in the corner, he stared right back at me.

Is that supposed to be some sort of warning...?

"Yeah... no matter in which angle... you really do." Baba said more to himself than to me. I know. My midnight sapphire black hair and matching icy dark blue eyes were inherited directly from my father, that's for sure.

"What's your point?" Arms and legs crossed, I threw them a glare.

"Could you possibly be... related to—"

However, he was cut off.

By the door to the penthouse lounge opening.

By someone I haven't seen in almost five months.

"H-hello?" a very familiar soft voice asked. A voice that I certainly missed but can't show it.

At all the widened eyes around the room, I was already hundred percent sure who just walked in.

"Oh my god! Yui!"

I turn around to my mother's small frame. I was almost immediately tightly embraced by her. I wanted so badly to hug her back, tell her I really missed her and that I'm sorry for everything.

But I can't. If those guys are still after me, they'd find where mom was eventually.

It took every last nerve in my body to force myself to push her away, not forcefully.

"Y-Yui? What's wrong?" mom's innocent eyes scanned me from head to toe, making sure there were no injuries whatsoever.

"Please don't make this harder than it already is." My voice, surprisingly, broke at the end. "Please. They'll find you. I can't risk that." A tear rolled down my cheek as I made a run for the door.

On my way out, I passed by Soryu, who was just outside the door. He tried to grab me, but I dodged and dashed out.

Soryu's PoV

After I check over the most important work and trusted the rest to the other members, I head back to the penthouse. I still needed to accompany Mei Ling.

But when I arrived, the door to the lounge was wide open. I crept by the door, hiding myself as I listened to someone talking inside. My hand was gripping my gun inside its pocket.

"Y-Yui? What's wrong?" an all-too familiar voice asked with concern. It gave me shivers. The grip on my gun tightened.

"Please, they'll find you. I can't risk that happening." Yui spoke back. As soon as she does, she ran out. I made an attempt to grab her, but she dodged and rushed away.

I didn't think it was anything important as I just let her go, thinking she'd cool down, I made my appearance into the lounge. Only to find...

Arian.

She was staring at the door, as if still shocked that Yui ran away. For the first time ever, my grip went limp and whatever was in my hand crashed to the ground. Making all attention come to me.