Soryu-seven

Yui's PoV

'you got any plans today?'

Great. Right the next morning, barely 7a.m. Daryl sent me an annoyie text.

'in fact I do. I hav classes, now if u'll excuse me'

I dropped my phone in my pocket before heading downstairs for a quick breakfast.

I made some instant waffles and found a small bottle of syrup in the kitchen.

When I just finished eating, Soryu came in while I was clearing my plates. The first thing he did was to check over his stuff.

"Are you going to eat breakfast?" I asked as I finished drying the dish. 

"No. Room service breakfast doesn't suit my taste." He didn't even glance up as he said.

"Why don't you make something, then?" after I asked I remembered that mom described dad as 'couldn't cook to save his life'. What did he do again? Peel the onion until it 'disappeared'?

"Can I... make you something?" I offered before he could answer.

"Do what you want." He replied quickly, rather distracted, and he looked over his papers.

Dad's favorite food was... eggs? Right. Then I'll make an omelette.

As the smell of omelettes start to fill the entire lounge, his head suddenly shot up. Does he find this smell familiar? Mom taught me how to make these.

When I placed the plate in front of him, he took the fork, and quickly snatched two bites. A look of disbelief crossed his features.

"My mom taught me how to make them." I say, dropping yet another hint.

"That's... nice...." He said distantly. He finished every last bite of it though he didn't say anything more.

"Anyways, I have meetings in the morning. If Mei Ling or Li Yan needs anything at all, you will assist them, understand?" he left an order right before he went out the door. I nodded back.

In the end nothing came to his mind, after all.

~~~

I shut down the laptop Mr. Ichinomiya lent me. I've finished the classes for today and the assignment that was due a week later.

"Yui?" as I just place the laptop on the bedside table, Li Yan poked her head in.

"Yes, Li Yan?" I be patient and ask her.

"Can we take a walk around the hotel? Maybe to... the casino?" she asked excitedly. "Mom's taking a nap, and I'm bored."

Hmm. It should be okay, it's inside the hotel.

"Sure." Even though I don't even know the place that well, I bring Li Yan down the hotel floors.

A twelve-year old like her sure has tons of energy. She ran across every single floor.

When the elevator door opens to the casino, I held onto her hand. Everywhere we look were the drunk or filthy rich.

"Ohhh!!" came a shout of victory and show off from the other side of the huge space.

It was very noisy indeed.

Suddenly, Li Yan ran free from my grip. I quickly look to the direction she was at, but the crowd completely drowned her 4'10 figure.

"Li Yan!" I called out before I break into a run to look for her. Think... think! Where would I go if I were twelve? ...Well, I would go to the gym or karate club... no! A normal, sunny twelve year old girl?