Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Grace's POV

"Is this your girlfriend? Grace, is it?"

Logan was in his office doing paperwork when Harry and I came down. He had dark brown hair and I remembered Harry telling me that he was only twenty-five. He looked so young to be the manager of this café but then again, Harry is nineteen. I couldn't even believe that he would be running this place. I was positive that he could do it. Of course he could. This was Harry we were talking about.

"Yes. This is my girl, Grace. Grace, this is Logan."

I hadn't met Logan last time because I had been on tour with Liam at NYU and when I finally did come to see the apartment, he had to leave to be somewhere. Harry had told me a lot about him but it was nice to finally meet him. He stood up from his desk, approaching me, and wrapping me in a hug. I could see Harry stiffening in the corner of my eye. Logan looked over at Harry and then released me. He patted Harry on the back.

"Relax pretty boy." Logan joked and Harry surprisingly smiled a little.

"Sorry...I'm just protective I guess." Harry said, wrapping an arm around me.

I let him just hold me close because I knew it gave him peace of mind to have me in his arms. I was completely okay with that. I loved having his arms around me. I still was thinking about what Harry had said about children earlier but I tried to not let it bother me. We were only eighteen and nineteen for crying out loud.

"So Grace, what are you going to be doing in New York?"

"I'm going to NYU. I'm majoring in English and Journalism."

"Wow. My wife is a journalist for the paper back home in Colorado. She loves it. She really loves being able to work from home."

I smiled, knowing I would love that too.

"I also have a little girl, Stella." Logan said excitedly, pulling out a picture to show me them.

I thought it was cute how he liked to show off his family. It was sweet. Harry smiled at me as I looked at the picture.

"She is so adorable and your wife is gorgeous." I said, handing the picture back to Logan.

"Thank you Grace."

Logan tucked the picture back into his wallet and motioned for us to sit down in the chairs in his office. I couldn't believe that starting in August; this office would be Harry's. I knew that he was so excited. Starting Monday, he would be working every day with Ashton and Logan, beginning his training. I wasn't sure what I would do every day while he was at work but I would have to find something. I planned to go ahead and purchase all of my textbooks for my courses and get a head start working on them this summer. I wanted to ensure that I was successful at NYU because it meant so much to me. I couldn't wait until Liam got here. I was so pleased that we would have classes together.

"Ashton and Gem said you might come to dinner tomorrow night." Harry said.

"Yeah. Ashton called me about an hour ago." Logan said.

"Great. We'll see you then. We're still trying to get situated in the apartment. It was a long flight and we're pretty tired." Harry explained.

"I'm sure. You guys go get some rest. I'll see you both tomorrow night and then on Monday when we start. You'll love it here." Logan said, smiling.

"I'm sure we will. See you later." Harry said, shaking hands with Logan and then giving him a halfway manly kind of hug.

"It was so nice to meet you Grace. Harry and I are both lucky men to have such pretty girls like we do."