Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Grace's POV

I pulled back from Liam after our kiss, both of us a little shocked by what just happened. Did I feel something? I didn't feel those sparks erupting inside of me like when Harry did it but it certainly wasn't bad. Liam's lips felt nice on mine and I was having the best time ever tonight. Liam smiled, leaning in to press his warm lips against my forehead. I could feel warmth radiating off of him so I leaned against his body. His hands positioned me directly in front of him before his arms slipped around my waist. I couldn't see him with my back pressed against his front but somehow I knew he was smiling.

We swayed to the music for the remainder of the concert and when it was over, Liam immediately gripped my hand tightly. I gave him a look but then I realized why he did it as bodies packed around us, everyone trying to exit at the same time. I felt a bit claustrophobic but I steadied my breathing as Liam handed me his bottle of water he'd purchased in between songs. I took a sip, thanking him. Liam seemed to know everything about me; things I liked, my fears, my goals in life. The only things Liam didn't know were the things that I kept bottled up inside like the way Harry's lips felt...oh god. I clamped my eyes shut bringing myself back to reality.

"Liam, this was so much fun. Thank you."

"Grace, I heard you the first hundred times. You don't have to thank me. This is something that I wanted to do for you."

"Why?"

He looked at me, admiration in his eyes.

"You know why. I wanted our first date to be something special. I wanted to show you how much I care about you."

I threw my arms around his neck and he squeezed me, his fingers digging into the skin on my back. I yawned as we headed back to the restaurant. Liam looked over at me and smiled as we passed by the gas station. Almost there. I squinted at the bright light of that bar right beside the gas station. Liam slowed down at the sight of a fight outside. As we neared the front of the bar, the bodies became clear and I gasped. Harry. He was on the ground, giving multiple blows to the side of a guy's face. The guy he was fighting thrust his knee into Harry's stomach and I could've sworn I heard his groan from inside my car. Liam continued to drive, obviously not recognizing Harry.

"Stop! Stop the car Liam!" I screamed, not waiting for him to completely stop before jumping out.

I sprinted over to Harry, dropping to my knees in the grass. Harry groaned, clutching at his stomach while I examined his body. His lip was busted and his cheek was red, a bruise starting to form.

"Harry?"

He didn't reply.

"Stop! Stop!" I cried as the other guy pounced on top of Harry, taking advantage of Harry having the wind knocked out of him.

Liam shrugged off his dress coat and thankfully pulled the guy off of Harry.

"Dude, the fight is over. Get lost."

I was worried that the guy would try to pick a fight with Liam but he scurried off and the crowd around the fight disassembled.

"Harry. Harry, can you hear me?"

He opened his bloodshot eyes and I sighed knowing he was intoxicated. He was mumbling something but I couldn't comprehend what he was saying.

"Liam, help me get him up?"

Liam nodded and we worked together to get a deadweight Harry onto his feet. I wrapped my arm around his waist and Liam and I managed to get him into the passenger seat of my car. Harry propped his head back against the head rest and I pushed his curls off of his forehead, kneeling down beside the seat.