Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Grace’s POV

“Oh goodness Harry, It’s such a pleasure to see you again.” The women said, enveloping Harry into a hug.

I stood back, letting them exchange their hellos.

“I locked the café door behind me.” Dr. Rollins said and Harry nodded, still holding onto her tightly.

He visibly relaxed at the sight of her and I didn’t know how I felt about that. Do I really bring him that much stress just because I don’t…obey him?

He’s too protective. I can’t just give up my independence.

When Dr. Rollins and Harry were finished hugging, she glanced over to me and smiled brightly, her eyes lighting up. She was very pretty. She looked to be late forties or early fifties but she was beautiful. She was very petite and even though I was short, she came to about my nose. She was kind of what I envisioned. Her fingernails were manicured and her dark hair lay perfectly, just barely touching her shoulders. She was put together. She looked like a therapist.

I jumped, a bit surprised when she threw her arms around me. I knew I had a confused look on my face and I was even more shocked by what she said next.

“Thank you.” She whispered in my ear.

Thank you? Why was she thanking me?

She pulled away, leaving me a bit wobbly.

“Shall we get started?” Dr. Rollins asked.

Oh gosh. I’m nervous.

I glanced in Harry’s direction and he nodded but looked nervous at the same time.

“Could I get you something to drink? We have coffee, hot tea…”

“Hot tea would be lovely dear.”

I smiled at Dr. Rollins and turned to Harry.

“Harry would you like anything?”

“An ice water babe?”

“Sure.” I said, relieved as I walked into the kitchen, busying myself.

I put the kettle on the stove top and leaned against the counter, taking long breaths. I needed to calm myself if I was going to make it through this night. I yawned. It was already so late. After pouring Dr. Rollins a cup of tea, I made Harry’s water and carried them out to the living room. They both looked up as I walked in. I set Dr. Rollins’ tea on the table and got her some cream and the sugar dish. She added a small teaspoon of sugar but didn’t use the cream.